• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Seriously, 26% at the free throw line?

"According to BTN no Division 1 team in the last 10 years has shot under 30% from the free throw line with 30 or more attempts. Nebraska shot 27% Sunday."

:Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead:
Going back 30 years..................worse in history! Take a bow, coach! You need to make them shoot free throws for 2 hours; and you need them to make 10 in a row each, if they want to go back to their dorm! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!! Again, great coaching!! :Bananalazy::Whiteflag::Thumbsdown:

Yeah, I tend to agree also. I think we can win at least 16 games next year and perhaps 20. Nebraska sports is so effing messed right now, it's not even possible to explain.
Really? What makes you think so? I am not from Mizzou, but you have to show me, first!! Yikes!!! :(

It was brutal to watch. This team needs to develop some mental toughness in the offseason. You could see it in their eyes in the second half, they didn’t even want to shoot the free throws.
They think they don't have to win, because this team is made up of no stars. Well, you are what you think you are! Shame!

Going back 30 years..................worse in history! Take a bow, coach! You need to make them shoot free throws for 2 hours; and you need them to make 10 in a row each, if they want to go back to their dorm! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!! Again, great coaching!! :Bananalazy::Whiteflag::Thumbsdown:

So have you been to many practices? You know they just skim over free throw work? You might want to just relax a few and remind yourself that there have been some great basketball players all through history who struggled from the line. Rick Barry used to say he could make Shaq a 65% shooter if he'd just do what he told him, but we never saw that, did we? There is a little work they need to do on form, but most of the work is between the ears. Bricks on more contagious than the coronavirus, so stop thinking this is some lack of coaching. I've seen plenty of players go from struggling to shoot above 50% one year, to shooting solid 75% the next, and they didn't change a thing physically...it was all focus and confidence.

They think they don't have to win, because this team is made up of no stars. Well, you are what you think you are! Shame!

No stars? As in rankings? Or talent? We have some very good players, so I don't know where you are going with your comment. As for being what you think you are, you've just identified at least part of the problem; this team is not confident in it's ability to win yet, and FTs are a part of that. Fred has confidence he can get this turned around, and even if the players don't have that same confidence yet, let's let them get another year of being in a system, another year of talent coming in, and another year to get used to just playing in the conference and being at the University of Nebraska. They aren't just living and breathing basketball 24/7, give them time to grow.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back