• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Seriously, 26% at the free throw line?

dparks

Varsity
20 Year Member
I thought I misread that. A middle school team shoots better than that. I am shaking my head big time. Men's BB is a real mess right now, like the FB team a few years ago. It will get better but it is going to be BADDDDDDDD for a few years.

I watched it on TV - painful. Mack must get work on free throws this off season... missing three in a row for a point guard is beyond ridiculous. I understand the 17 year-old from France not being good at free throws, but he needs to figure that out too. Thorbjarnarson was the only one to shoot better than 50%.

I think part of it is team brain lock -- but there are few guys on this team who have ever shot free throws well. At least Teddy Allen is shooting 88% FT this year... hope he brings that to Lincoln.

Last edited:
I don't understand how a team can shoot that low from the free throw line. I can understand having one or even two guys have a bad day but the whole team? That is a lack of focus and confidence.
Combine that with the bricks and airballs on 3s and it makes me wonder if their heads were in the game or pressing too much. Either way it was hard to watch.

8 for 30 or whatever it was? About every Jr. High and above team in the country can hit 3s at that rate uncontested. It's just a shocking number.

It is is a shocking number, but nothing surprises me any more in regard to the record-breaking futility of this team.

It was brutal to watch. This team needs to develop some mental toughness in the offseason. You could see it in their eyes in the second half, they didn’t even want to shoot the free throws.

"According to BTN no Division 1 team in the last 10 years has shot under 30% from the free throw line with 30 or more attempts. Nebraska shot 27% Sunday."

:Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Banghead:
As Div1 scholarship basketball players.....you should be hitting 55-60% of your free throws...hell I see High School Basketball players in Nebraska (which produces basically zero D1 talent on a consistent basis) shoot better than that...bunch of headcases

Last edited:

I thought I misread that. A middle school team shoots better than that. I am shaking my head big time. Men's BB is a real mess right now, like the FB team a few years ago. It will get better but it is going to be BADDDDDDDD for a few years.
No, basketball can improve pretty quickly, and while we all agree this team struggled in several categories, this group also showed promise, and it’s challenge beyond basic inexperience was a lack of depth and talent. There are 3, possibly 4 serious contributors who were not available to play this year. Those players could boost our talent by 30-40%, and that alone would mean 7 or 8 more wins. Add in some additional cohesion with the current roster, and this could be a fun team next year.

Last edited:
No, basketball can improve pretty quickly, and while we all agree this team struggled in several categories, this group also showed promise, and it’s challenge beyond basic inexperience was a lack of depth and talent. There are 3, possibly 4 serious contributors who were not available to play this year. Those players could boost our talent by 30-40%, and that alone would mean 7 or 8 more wins. Add in some additional cohesion with the current roster, and this could be a fun team next year.
I completely agree. I am looking forward to watching this journey.

I completely agree. I am looking forward to watching this journey.
Yeah, I tend to agree also. I think we can win at least 16 games next year and perhaps 20. Nebraska sports is so effing messed right now, it's not even possible to explain.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back