• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

serious odds of winning the B1G Tournament

We have to make the tournament first. That's about 85.7% possible.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any projections on this, but I would make Indiana a 2-1 favorite, OSU at 6-1 and NU at 8-1.

I don't know what numbers I'd put on it, but I don't think the chances are good. Things would have to go really, really right on the mound for NU to make it through the first couple of games with their staff intact enough to finish it. Even if they pulled that off, the back end of the rotation is inconsistent.

Anybody know what are actual chances are?

Somewhere between playing pickup sticks with our butt-cheeks and the chances of finding a three-legged ballerina.

2615-14967.gif

IF we get a #1/#2 seed: 2 to 1
IF not: 4 to 1

I don't know what numbers I'd put on it, but I don't think the chances are good. Things would have to go really, really right on the mound for NU to make it through the first couple of games with their staff intact enough to finish it. Even if they pulled that off, the back end of the rotation is inconsistent.

If they are a top-2 seed (first round bye), there MAY ONLY BE a couple of games (3).

Last year's bracket: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...1-12/misc_non_event/baseball_bracket_2012.pdf

We are the best team and will be #1 seed

...that will probably require a sweep this week and some help from tOSU.

IF we get a #1/#2 seed: 2 to 1
IF not: 4 to 1

If they are a top-2 seed (first round bye), there MAY ONLY BE a couple of games (3).

Last year's bracket: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...1-12/misc_non_event/baseball_bracket_2012.pdf

...that will probably require a sweep this week and some help from tOSU.

In order to overtake Indiana (which still doesn't guarantee a one-seed) ...Right now, Indiana has a 1-game lead over Nebraska. But the Hoosiers do own the tie-breaker (so, it's essentially a two-game lead). I believe that would suggest If Indiana wins their series over OSU (3-0 or 2-1), no chance for Nebraska. If Indiana loses the series to Ohio State (not impossible, as Ohio State is probably one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the conference), then it opens the door for Nebraska. If Indiana goes 1-2, then Nebraska would need to sweep. If Indiana is swept, Nebraska would need to go 2-1. If Nebraska loses the series to Michigan, it doesn't matter what Indiana does, and the Hoosiers would hold ground. That's not even taking into account Ohio State -- who is currently tied with Nebraska in the standings, but also holds the tie-breaker. And I suppose you technically still have Minnesota in the hunt for the one-seed -- well, maybe not with tie-breakers. What a mess! Seems to me it's most likely either Indiana or Ohio State that gets the one-seed. And Nebraska loses out on the tie-breaker to both of those team due to head-to-head series losses.

Yes, I believe Ohio State needs to beat Indiana 2 games to 1 ... then Nebraska needs to sweep Michigan -- that's the ONLY way I can think of. Indiana beats Ohio State (3-0 or 2-1), no shot for Nebraska. Ohio State sweeps Indiana, no shot for Nebraska. Nebraska loses even one game to Michigan, no shot for Nebraska. That's the final, valid analysis after a bunch of random thoughts above. :)

Last edited:
In order to overtake Indiana (which still doesn't guarantee a one-seed) ...Right now, Indiana has a 1-game lead over Nebraska. But the Hoosiers do own the tie-breaker (so, it's essentially a two-game lead). I believe that would suggest If Indiana wins their series over OSU (3-0 or 2-1), no chance for Nebraska. If Indiana loses the series to Ohio State (not impossible, as Ohio State is probably one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the conference), then it opens the door for Nebraska. If Indiana goes 1-2, then Nebraska would need to sweep. If Indiana is swept, Nebraska would need to go 2-1. If Nebraska loses the series to Michigan, it doesn't matter what Indiana does, and the Hoosiers would hold ground. That's not even taking into account Ohio State -- who is currently tied with Nebraska in the standings, but also holds the tie-breaker. And I suppose you technically still have Minnesota in the hunt for the one-seed -- well, maybe not with tie-breakers. What a mess! Seems to me it's most likely either Indiana or Ohio State that gets the one-seed. And Nebraska loses out on the tie-breaker to both of those team due to head-to-head series losses.

Yes, I believe Ohio State needs to beat Indiana 2 games to 1 ... then Nebraska needs to sweep Michigan -- that's the ONLY way I can think of. Indiana beats Ohio State (3-0 or 2-1), no shot for Nebraska. Ohio State sweeps Indiana, no shot for Nebraska. Nebraska loses even one game to Michigan, no shot for Nebraska. That's the final, valid analysis after a bunch of random thoughts above. :)
Real simple we will sweep Michigan and OSU will beat IU 2-1 and we get one seed 17-7, OSU #2 16-8, IU #3 16-8

We sweep the Big 10 tournament we end season 30-26 and a #3 seed in NCAA then on to Super regional

Real simple we will sweep Michigan and OSU will beat IU 2-1 and we get one seed 17-7, OSU #2 16-8, IU #3 16-8

We sweep the Big 10 tournament we end season 30-26 and a #3 seed in NCAA then on to Super regional

heheh. I appreciate your overflowing optimism, P! But I'd be willing to bet anything I own against that happening! :)

I don't know about the B1G tournament, but the chances of sweeping Mich this weekend went down significantly. DeLeon will not pitch this weekend. Kubat bumped to Thursday, Bummer Friday, and Niederklein Sat.

Last edited:
I don't know about the B1G tournament, but the chances of sweeping Mich this weekend went down significantly. DeLeon will not pitch this weekend. Kubat bumped to Thursday, Bummer Friday, and Niederklein Sat.
Based on some of Deleon's starts this year, not sure this is a disaster. Huskers need to get a one or two seed for the conference tourny, and then their chances to win the tourny will be 50-50. I may be naively optimistic, but I am looking forward to some fun college baseball the next few weeks, and that includes my Huskers.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back