• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Series recommendations?

Been watching Better Call Saul and am really enjoying it. Not sure if it is up your ally but Stranger Things is really good.
I watched the first episode of Based On A True Story and it seemed promising.

Last edited:
If you’re asking about books rather than TV shows, I’ve really enjoyed the Longmire series by Craig Johnson. So far, there are 20+ novels and some shorter stories. I can’t vouch for the TV series based on the books, but maybe?

I actually like the series as well.

Robert Johnson does a great job of playing Walt, and though Katee Sachoff doesn't look anything like the books portray Vic Moretti, she's pretty good as well. Lou Diamond Phillips is a great actor and he has Henry's speech down to a 'T', but he's about half the size of the Henry Standing Bear in the books. It's sometimes cheesier than the books as well, but still fairly entertaining.

"The Tourist" on Netflix. I finished both seasons early this week. The body count is pretty high but it keeps you guessing. Season 1 is set in the Australian Outback, quite a cast of characters.

For true crime docs, if you haven't seen "Lover, Stalker, Killer" I highly recommend it. Not a series, though.

I actually like the series as well.

Robert Johnson does a great job of playing Walt, and though Katee Sachoff doesn't look anything like the books portray Vic Moretti, she's pretty good as well. Lou Diamond Phillips is a great actor and he has Henry's speech down to a 'T', but he's about half the size of the Henry Standing Bear in the books. It's sometimes cheesier than the books as well, but still fairly entertaining.

I'm surprised by the casting for Henry. It sounds a bit like Tom Cruise being cast as Jack Reacher.

Last edited:
The wife and I have been really into the foreign series stuff.

Use the subtitles with the original languages.

Watch 2 or 3 episodes each evening.

Some of them are really good.

Check out Night Skies. Sissy Spacek and the guy from the Farmers Insurance commercials ( sorry don't remember his name ).

Netflix mostly.

Last edited:

The wife and I have been really into the foreign series stuff.

Use the subtitles with the original languages.

Watch 2 or 3 episodes each evening.

Some of them are really good.

Check out Night Skies. Sissy Spacek and the guy from the Farmers Insurance commercials ( sorry don't remember his name ).

Netflix mostly.

The insurance guy is JK Simmons, who was great in the movie "Whiplash" (recommend highly). Is Night Skies you mention a movie or series?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back