• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Selectin show... starts NOW!!

Just my opinion and observation, but I think there's a possibility that Chance's arm might have been getting near to what happened with DeLeon. On Saturday, Erstad was asked about pitching Sinclair, and he stated, (paraphrasing a little), " I don't think it would be good to bring Chance in tomorrow. He's pitched a lot of innings for us, and his arm is pretty tired."

Like I said, just speculation... But it makes sense. His last outing he didn't have his normal command or usual stuff.

You are right - can't start wearing people out towards the end of the year, need them fresh. Let's go win the regional...

For me, I just felt that a conference championship is very important for this program. If we win Erstad and Silva are geniuses trotting Christensen out there even though he pitched 11 innings all year and was now going in front of 20,000 fans. When things don't workout you have geniuses like me behind a keyboard say they should have done something different after the fact. In Erstad I Trust tho...

Last edited:

Will most likely face Thomas Eschelman...

15 games started and an 8-3 record....

Right handed pitcher and was freshman of the year last year. Was 12-3 as a freshman with a 1.48 ERA... Not overpowering, high 80s for a fastball, but changes speeds very effectively. Something that has given Ben Miller fits as of late....

I like facing a right hander. Hopefully we can get Headley and Miller going; prior to the last few games they feasted on right handed pitching. A lot of lefties in our lineup.

I like facing a right hander. Hopefully we can get Headley and Miller going; prior to the last few games they feasted on right handed pitching. A lot of lefties in our lineup.
It's a guess on my part that they will throw their Friday night starter and Ace, I hope they do but they may take a look at throwing a lefty against us...

Not a bad regional for us to be in. I like starting with a tough opponent. If the Huskers can win their opening game, their confidence will soar.

:gobigred:

Will most likely face Thomas Eschelman...

15 games started and an 8-3 record....

Right handed pitcher and was freshman of the year last year. Was 12-3 as a freshman with a 1.48 ERA... Not overpowering, high 80s for a fastball, but changes speeds very effectively. Something that has given Ben Miller fits as of late....

Sorry, but any pitcher would give Ben a hard time, now! His head is spinning!

You are right - can't start wearing people out towards the end of the year, need them fresh. Let's go win the regional...

For me, I just felt that a conference championship is very important for this program. If we win Erstad and Silva are geniuses trotting Christensen out there even though he pitched 11 innings all year and was now going in front of 20,000 fans. When things don't workout you have geniuses like me behind a keyboard say they should have done something different after the fact. In Erstad I Trust tho...

It's called, "shoulda', coulda', woulda'! :lol: Monday morning quarterbacks are a dime a dozen :)

Aloha, CBob. Long travel day yesterday.....sorry to see the Huskers lose, but their regional is winnable, albeit tough.

Aloha :) Went to huskers.com. Watched the interview with Erstad. CSF has won 8 in a row, I believe. Darin expects the fans to infiltrate oky st, as they
r prone to do.

I'll watch the show at 4 pm central. Believe,it is n espnu. I am sure you can find it. Guess, noon, your time?

Take care and have fun Aloha?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back