• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked "Securing borders" --Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackshirts99

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
I noticed Iowa has 4 in-state commits for 2017 already. I also noticed that all 4 committed in 2015. Is this just a case of those 4 guys being really good (like Jurgens), or is this something Iowa typically does? Based on this, and when 2016 guys were offered, I think it's a case of four really good prospects in one year: "Recruiting analysts have heaped praise on the talent and depth in Iowa high school football’s 2017 class. The Hawkeyes are hoarding the top prospects in the group."

Looking back at their 2016 signees, 4 out of the 5 in-state guys were offered at camp on June 7, 2015 (Beyer the only exception and we know his story).
These four committed June 8, June 9, June 19, and June 20. Is there an expiration date to summer camp offers, or do these guys just really love Iowa football? I'm assuming the latter.

I do not want to recruit like Iowa in all aspects of their recruiting. But what they do with in-state guys (and guys who play at Nebraska HS) is something to note. If you also look at the positions they are recruiting from in-state, it is exactly the types of positions people say Nebraska can recruit in-state: OL, DL, TE, inside linebackers. ALL 9 of the 2016/2017 Iowa commits play one of those positions.

I noticed Iowa has 4 in-state commits for 2017 already. I also noticed that all 4 committed in 2015. Is this just a case of those 4 guys being really good (like Jurgens), or is this something Iowa typically does? Based on this, and when 2016 guys were offered, I think it's a case of four really good prospects in one year: "Recruiting analysts have heaped praise on the talent and depth in Iowa high school football’s 2017 class. The Hawkeyes are hoarding the top prospects in the group."

Looking back at their 2016 signees, 4 out of the 5 in-state guys were offered at camp on June 7, 2015 (Beyer the only exception and we know his story).
These four committed June 8, June 9, June 19, and June 20. Is there an expiration date to summer camp offers, or do these guys just really love Iowa football? I'm assuming the latter.

I do not want to recruit like Iowa in all aspects of their recruiting. But what they do with in-state guys (and guys who play at Nebraska HS) is something to note. If you also look at the positions they are recruiting from in-state, it is exactly the types of positions people say Nebraska can recruit in-state: OL, DL, TE, inside linebackers. ALL 9 of the 2016/2017 Iowa commits play one of those positions.
Do they do this EVERY year, or, did you just notice it this once?

On Rivals I just noticed that their #2 and #3 recruits in the State (a QB and OL) are not committed but Iowa does have #1, 4 & 5 verballed.

Last edited:

Good Post, 99. I wonder how much Iowa's success has to do with coaching continuity and identity. These kids have only known Ferentz as the coach, and they've always kind of had the same team identity: Physical team, good OL and DL, fundamentally sound defense, etc. I think there's a certain amount of fan buy-in and pride that comes with having a strong identity.

Nebraska definitely used to have that with our running game, and the blackshirt reputation of relentless, physical play.

Do they do this EVERY year, or, did you just notice it this once?

On Rivals I just noticed that their #2 and #3 recruits in the State (a QB and OL) are not committed but Iowa does have #1, 4 & 5 verballed.

Which part? I don't really know about every year, I just looked at 2 years worth.
The OL has a Nebraska offer (N offered before Iowa), and both the QB and OL have been on campus to a game for unofficials. I don't think either of them end up at Nebraska, though.

Good Post, 99. I wonder how much Iowa's success has to do with coaching continuity and identity. These kids have only known Ferentz as the coach, and they've always kind of had the same team identity: Physical team, good OL and DL, fundamentally sound defense, etc. I think there's a certain amount of fan buy-in and pride that comes with having a strong identity.

Nebraska definitely used to have that with our running game, and the blackshirt reputation of relentless, physical play.

Yeah, I think that's part of it. Continuity also helps with HS relationships, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back