• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Sean Callahan talks recruting on KNTK (7-10-12)--Good Stuff/2nd QB talk/Top Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI....looks like we may still take a second QB/Ath....

PART ONE:

---Sean says Johnny reminds him of Jake Locker (me too as you know from another thread)......believes he will be playing at 230 lbs in college...:eek::cool:......be able to get those tough yards in the running situations.....the guy is a winner....Johnny Stanton is the reason his high school won the state title in CA in 2011.....highest level you can play at in Calofrnia...bottom line is Armstrong and Stanton led their teams to titles in two of the biggest high school football states in the country....good chance he will be bumped to a 4-star by Rivals (already a 4-star on 247 & ESPN)....if he does well in the Elite 11....

---Thinks they would take Joel Lannning the Ath/QB as the second QB in the class if he is interested (3-star from Iowa).....said he is a real private kid who does not talk much so they don't know much about him....sounds like Stanton is aware of this....

---OL Christian Morris will announce between UCLA and Nebraska on Thursday.....good rapport with Husker staff....

---Christian Lacouture Husker commit is a great athlete....Michigan and LSU wanted him....huge pickup for the Huskers....

---Top Targets for Nebraska: Terrell Newby....will visit for the Idaho State game....huge target....Joel Lanning QB/Ath.....the fact that Coach Beck offered him after he worked out for him at the BRW tells us they like him enough.....Beau Sandland....PRIORITY #1 on the board....starting TE for the Huskers in 2013.....he is a 'freak'....like Jeremy Shockey....:eek::cool:.....best JUCO TE Sean has ever seen....:cool:......mom and him will visit....she wants to see Lincoln....if she likes it he is in the bag and will be a Huskers...and he mentioned a few others....DONE at LB unless they find a really good one...

http://www.theticketfm.com/index.php/podcasts/gaskins-and-stephens-podcast-page

Last edited:

PART TWO (not much recruiting news):

---Martinez helped out with the recruitment of Stanton....called him yesterday to let him know he was going to be a Husker.....

---Summer workouts are going on....Fall camp starts in less than a month....

Lanning is an interesting pick as a QB/Ath....would probably switch like Turner to WR or DB....

Last edited:

Under no circumstance do I expect Christian Morris to announce for Nebraska. He will announce for UCLA, but his recruitment will not end there. As of right now, he intends to visit Nebraska even after his commitment to UCLA. Just the way it's going to be.

You never have....I still think we do....even more so after hearing this....

I'd rather just see us take an extra at a set position. I'd much rather see a second RB (you definetly know this), third TE, extra OL or extra DT as opposed to a second QB/Ath. If Zaire calls up and wants to commit, that might be a different story...but if it's a guy like Lanning...I'd rather see us take a different position.

The way I understand it too...

Under no circumstance do I expect Christian Morris to announce for Nebraska. He will announce for UCLA, but his recruitment will not end there. As of right now, he intends to visit Nebraska even after his commitment to UCLA. Just the way it's going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back