• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Scout: Deion Jones says he's solid to Nebraska/Update: LJS Confirms he is solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Some more good news....they are sending Les Miles in today.....good news you say? Head coaches can only make ONE in home visit....which gives Bo the final head coach in-home down the line...I wish his family would ask Miles about LSU's history of over-signing and if Debo shows up how will he know he still had a skollie? Like a recruit last last year who was already in his dorm room when told he didn't....also how come they waited to offer at the end of the recruitng period with the class almost full....just sayin'...:) :)

Also sending Miles right away makes me wonder how serious they really are....or they think its a slam dunk because he's Les Miles....go figure...

As I have said all along I like our chances...:)

Last edited:
Sounds like LSU is getting desparate. This is a program that historically most years was not good enough to hold our jocks. If he is solid, why not tell LSU no thanks though?

I still don't get why the kid would take an in-home if he's solid on Nebraska...

I guess, like coach speak, there's recruit speak

Charles Jackson took an in-home from Arkansas last year....where his dad proceeded to tell Patrino he was solid to Nebraska and not to to bother recruiting his son anymore....so I would not read too much into it....not uncommon in the recruiting game...

I still don't get why the kid would take an in-home if he's solid on Nebraska...

Problem is we have done nothing on the national stage in 14 years...when most of these kids were 4 years old....most could care less about history....

Sounds like LSU is getting desparate. This is a program that historically most years was not good enough to hold our jocks. If he is solid, why not tell LSU no thanks though?

Might be a case of being appreciative for the offer and trying to be curteous but figuring being told "no" face to face will carry more weight than saying it in a phone call. Or a text message ;)

LSU is on top of the heap these days and could be even better next year. Hard to keep a kid from thinking about a ring. Reality is those programs are ripe with kids who never get on the field in a meaningful way and kids who get sent home when they look like non factors. I think NU keep this kid. If he was drooling over LSU I think he would have accepted their offer quickly and called our coaches and broke the news. Here's hoping.

Somewhat concerned after reading the article on the front page.....DJ.'s quote is this:

"Coach Raymond told me to not make distance a factor, because if I do, Nebraska doesn't stand a chance"

If I told a surgeon what to evaluate when making his decision I would get laughed at. If distance is important to Jones, we are done. But I'm interested to hear or read this article coming out that says he's solid to Nebraska. As RR has stated, there is something to be said for us wanting him all along, and then LSU only coming calling when they swung and missed on a couple others.

I compare this kid to Shoff for us if we offered. The only thing is, for some reason DJ hasn't decommitted, which has to be good. Having "the hat" in your house can go a long ways....hope Bo solidifies him next week.

We are in good shape based on some premium stuff I have seen yet can't post here....trust me on this one....but you never know until signing day....but right now we stand a real chance...

Somewhat concerned after reading the article on the front page.....DJ.'s quote is this:

"Coach Raymond told me to not make distance a factor, because if I do, Nebraska doesn't stand a chance"

If I told a surgeon what to evaluate when making his decision I would get laughed at. If distance is important to Jones, we are done. But I'm interested to hear or read this article coming out that says he's solid to Nebraska. As RR has stated, there is something to be said for us wanting him all along, and then LSU only coming calling when they swung and missed on a couple others.

I compare this kid to Shoff for us if we offered. The only thing is, for some reason DJ hasn't decommitted, which has to be good. Having "the hat" in your house can go a long ways....hope Bo solidifies him next week.

I keep forgetting Coach Raymond played at LSU. I wonder if he talked about friends that got oversigned at LSU?

We are in good shape based on some premium stuff I have seen yet can't post here....trust me on this one....but you never know until signing day....but right now we stand a real chance...

Pray to whoever it is you pray to that you are right....i'll do the same! He's looked good to me ever since he wasn't rated by the services. Now that he's rated and has an LSU offer, it's obvious I was right all along :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back