• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost 57th best Head Coach per Sporting News

I have no quibble with Frost being ranked poorly here. I actually think Schiano is under appreciated here.

What are they ranking beyond the teams’ records? You’d have to include recruiting. Nebraska has had decently ranked recruiting classes, out of proportion to the on-field record the past several years. It’s interesting, you could argue that’s a mark of poor coaching, underperforming or lacking player development. But I think you can’t ignore recruiting acumen as a facet of coaching either.

Recruiting can be a double edged sword when trying tojudge a head coach. Good recruiting classes might be a positive, but poor results with good classes might be a negative. Bad recruiting but good results might be a positive. Hard to balance.

At the end ot the day, what's your W-L record.

Recruiting can be a double edged sword when trying tojudge a head coach. Good recruiting classes might be a positive, but poor results with good classes might be a negative. Bad recruiting but good results might be a positive. Hard to balance.

At the end ot the day, what's your W-L record.
Look what Mike Gundy does with OSU and their recruiting classes? Almost always the Cowboys are better, far better than their recruiting rankings. I do know that they/he, have put more emphasis on recruiting beginning with the 2022 class. Prior, he was on cruise control, much like Bo was. Not a ton of effort put into it. It’s the one knock OSU fans have on Gundy, that he hasn’t put a ton of effort into it. Now that Holder is gone as the AD, he seems to be rejuvenated.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back