• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Saturday practice chatter--First of two practices (Video Bo talking today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI.....

* Tommy Armstrong has "basically been going full go" the last couple practices, Pelini said.

* The coach said Cethan Carter has "already opened some eyes" at camp.

* Pelini said JUCO Matt Finnin has talent, but isn't as far along as the veteran tackles around him like Jeremiah Sirles, Brent Qvale and Andrew Rodriguez.
"We don't expect him to be (there)," Pelini said. "But he's shown some good things."

* Pelini said there will be some scrimmaging in tonight's practice, though the whole practice will not be dedicated to it.

Read the whole thing here: http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...3-bb70-0019bb2963f4.html#.UgaU8V47rfk.twitter

Last edited:

Rich Kaipust ‏<S>@</S>RKaipustOWH LB to watch this camp is Jared Afalava (after the Thomas Brown dismissal). Pelini said the redshirt freshman working at both Buck and Will

Rich Kaipust ‏<S>@</S>RKaipustOWH Nebraska in between two Saturday practices. Bo Pelini assessment at this point: "About where you'd expect to be after first week" <S>#</S>Huskers

Mike Schaefer ‏<S>@</S>mikejschaefer Nebraska battening down the hatches. Very limited player availability this fall camp. No pre-practice days either.

FYI...

Media access has changed for the second time in camp. The press will be able to talk to Pelini and players after Tuesday night workouts, and coordinators and coaches after Thursday night workouts. Previously, the media was scheduled to talk to all Huskers after the Monday and Wednesday morning workouts of two-a-days. A Nebraska spokesman said Pelini preferred his team to talk after the single-day workouts.

http://sports.omaha.com/2013/08/10/...10-another-freshman-on-the-rise/#.UgalRr7n99A

<iframe src="http://embed.newsinc.com/Single/iframe.html?WID=1&VID=25022061&freewheel=69016&sitesection=omahawh&width=750&height=422" height="422" width="750" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

I always enjoy how postivie things sound after the first week of practice. It always helps get me though August.

I don't understand why we need to have all this media access. Personally as a fan I would really like the players and coaches to focus on practice and the year ahead. It seems the only reason the media is there is to create some controversy and distraction.

I think that is why Bo is limiting it this year....and I agree...

I always enjoy how postivie things sound after the first week of practice. It always helps get me though August.

I don't understand why we need to have all this media access. Personally as a fan I would really like the players and coaches to focus on practice and the year ahead. It seems the only reason the media is there is to create some controversy and distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back