• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Satterfield as an OC

Attachments

• 1699800374598.jpeg
    1699800374598.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 21

it is never good seeing first year coaches make really silly mistakes, but he should get more time to make adjustments.. THAT is the determining factor on if a coach should be let go.. Is he so sure of himself that he won't make changes after mistakes, and only blames the players, or can he see his mistakes, which of course leads to growth for everyone.

The rhetoric never changes. Every coaching staff has a guy that fans want to fire. Each time, fans suggest failing to fire said coach proves the coach is more loyal to his “buddies” than to the program. :rolleyes:
Because, whether you want to admit it or not, it's true. Our past HCs have all brought along buddies and kept them around when they underperformed, which led to their own downfall. If you're trying to rebuild a a program into a contender, and you're given a blank check to hire assistants with, you find the best possible coach for the job. Rhule chose to bring in a guy who he has a lot of history with -- not necessarily the best coach (as past performance has proven) -- but one he is comfortable working with. If he's underperforming, Rhule has to be able, despite how uncomfortable it may be, to cut ties and find someone better. By keeping him around and putting off the inevitable, it's alienating the fanbase and hindering recruiting. If you were a top HS prospect watching this mess, would you want to play for Satterfield? I sure wouldn't.

Last edited:
Because, whether you want to admit it or not, it's true. Our past HCs have all brought along buddies and kept them around when they underperformed, which led to their own downfall. If you're trying to rebuild a a program into a contender, and you're given a blank check to hire assistants with, you find the best possible coach for the job. Rhule chose to bring in a guy who he has a lot of history with -- not necessarily the best coach (as past performance has proven), but one he is comfortable working with. If he's underperforming, Rhule has to be able, despite how uncomfortable it may be, to cut ties and find someone better. By keeping him around and putting off the inevitable, it's alienating the fanbase and hindering recruiting. If you were a top HS prospect watching this mess, would you want to play for Satterfield? I sure wouldn't.
Just wait a year for Satt to get his system installed, then every high school qb in the country will want to come be a part of an offense that at its peak is good for 71st in yards per game

Because, whether you want to admit it or not, it's true. Our past HCs have all brought along buddies and kept them around when they underperformed, which led to their own downfall. If you're trying to rebuild a a program into a contender, and you're given a blank check to hire assistants with, you find the best possible coach for the job. Rhule chose to bring in a guy who he has a lot of history with -- not necessarily the best coach (as past performance has proven), but one he is comfortable working with. If he's underperforming, Rhule has to be able, despite how uncomfortable it may be, to cut ties and find someone better. By keeping him around and putting off the inevitable, it's alienating the fanbase and hindering recruiting. If you were a top HS prospect watching this mess, would you want to play for Satterfield? I sure wouldn't.

100% agree with this, but you have to let the guy adjust in his second year, you don't fire him on the spot. Give him a chance to adjust. If, in that second year, he isn't, take over the play calling, or promote from within to get though the season. That is done all the time.

Regardless, truth of the matter is, he's not going anywhere. They'll hit the portal and he'll have a new QB under center next year and multiple new QBs on the roster, ones of his own choosing. Next season will be the make-or-break year. That said, pretty much any QB we get will have better performance than what we currently have, so it'll be considered "improvement" and that will prolong his tenure even more. I personally feel that his hiring is going to set us back because he's just not good as a playcaller. He's always going to be a pass-first guy and that doesn't correlate with our culture. In situations where we all think a run is the obvious choice, he'll be passing. I think eventually he'll be shown the door and folks will be saying, "Well damn if we would've fired him a few seasons ago when we should have, we would've already been a playoff contender" and similar. He's here for the foreseeable future so just be content with 80-90ish ranked offenses.

Last edited:
I see about one third of the offensive (sic) plays every game, covering my eyes whenever that group is on the field has become a thing. Still love this team, but yeah, let's start fine tuning this puppy and replace those burnt out spark plugs.

If I'm this staff I'm paying close attention to what Maryland changed defensively with Sims and Purdy in the game. It wasn't every play, but it was enough to catch my eye and change some opportunities. Neither took advantage of most of those changes, but they were there.
Crab...the voice of reason.

I am really disappointed with this loss and the Minny and Michigan St loss. It's a catch 22. We have progressed. Zero doubt. Frost would have been 2-8 or 3-7 with this hand.

Sims should not see the field the rest of this season. Like the kid but the ZR keep was there multiple x. Period. He is just effin sloppy with the ball. Crying shame.

Very interesting week. Wisconsin like Maryland and and Michigan St are ripe for the picking. To me, play Purdy. He looks decisive and motivated.

Satterfield needs to go. Now. He should have told Purdy under no circumstances throw it. Run. Run. Run. FG. Period. Now. He needs to go now.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back