• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Satisfaction or 2nd thoughts?

one play away.... & the movie script even worked out where there was a potential savior role opportunity at the end of the very first game...

who knows if that haunts the Beaver... he made his choice

Impossible to say.

He knew he was beaten out by the kid the head coach hand picked to run the show. Maybe he plays here and there if Martinez gets dinged, maybe he gets some mop up duty, maybe not. I think deep down he didn't feel the whole situation was the right fit or he'd have stayed.

I will say watch how things play out for both Martinez and Gebbia over the next three to four years and ask this question again and you'll get some stronger responses.

You all saw Martinez play right? Gebbia was never going to be anything but an emergency back up. He made the right choice for HIM. Good for him.

You all saw Martinez play right? Gebbia was never going to be anything but an emergency back up. He made the right choice for HIM. Good for him.
Time will tell how good or not Gebbia really is....... I agree he was never going to beat out AM for the starting job.

Don't disagree... just curious, purportedly neck & neck down to a week before the opener, do you believe TG was being led along?

Don't disagree... just curious, purportedly neck & neck down to a week before the opener, do you believe TG was being led along?
I have no idea obviously. I find it hard to believe that it was all that close....I mean gebbia would have to hit about 90% of his passes to make up for the running ability difference. It really comes down to Martinez being the better fit now...and that certainly wasnt going to change.

Of course he was being led along, SF seems to like trying to get the most of his players using a carrot and stick approach. He waits until the last moment and then, makes the snap decision he could've made long before...in a competition between individuals, it's a reasonable approach.

Of course he was being led along, SF seems to like trying to get the most of his players using a carrot and stick approach. He waits until the last moment and then, makes the snap decision he could've made long before...in a competition between individuals, it's a reasonable approach.
Nonsense

If they were leading him along the should have done it for one more week than transferring this year wouldn't have been an option

“It is in the nature of things that joy arises in a person free from remorse.”

Yes...time will tell. But he would never know if he doesnt actually play.
At the moment we/he don't know if he's going to be the starter at Bev state unless all their current QB's also transfer. ;)

OregonQB.jpg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back