• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Santa Margarita (Johnny Stanton) vs Brophy College Prep (AZ) Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought he threw a pretty good ball. There is certainly some talent to work with there.

He runs strong. I can see the Tebow comparison as opposed to running like Taylor Martinez. He does tend to stand straight up which can expose him to some unnecessary hits and he sometimes gets caught carrying the ball a little high (somewhat like we have seen with Martinez) so ball security could be a bit of an issue against bigger opponents unless that is corrected.

Stanton has that something that you can't coach. He is a player that competes and competes and competes. His most impressive play to me was the 4th and 2 run deep in their own territory to start the second half. Don't agree with the decision to go for it there, but Stanton found himself trapped in the backfield on a well defended QB draw and somehow managed to get the first down. Very Rex-esque of him.

He's got a year to learn and get better. There is a lot of clay to work with here.

Official stats for Johnny from last night....

12-20-215 yards passing.....2 TDs....2 Ints

92 yards rushing and 2 TDs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back