• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Saban retiring?!

A head coaching change triggers a 30-day transfer window for players.

This, plus the suspicion that Harbaugh might bail to the NFL will create a LOT of drama this offseason for the portal.

There's going to be a shockwave of like 8 teams all looking for new coaches, and a TON of 5-star players suddenly on the open market.

I would never take this job until five years or so had gone by. Nothing good you do will be to your credit ("Saban had recruited them and set the culture"), and any flaw will be magnified and will be your problem. You won't last five years.

I wouldn't go near it.
I'd do sign a 7 maybe 8 year guaranteed contract coach 2years get fired and head to the Caribbean.

Yes most likely. It’s still a great program and they will end up with a great coach. Depending on who they hire they could possible pull recruits along to cover any defections
There's always those few I'm here because of coach players. Not too many, but always a few

I can't help but bear my soul here to Nebraska Cornhusker Football Nation.

I feel for Pal, the same way I feel for any fan who loves their team or alma mater, for whatever reason.

This hire by Alabama "Brass" will define future success for the Crimson Tide.

I wouldn't want to be in charge of hiring a coach to go against Nick Saban's record of success.
Good luck....(Coach Sanders)

And if you do find that guy.
You should be paid your weight in Bitcoin.

But, there is a certain excitement to seeing a dynasty come to an end and for Bama, this may be it.

So in consideration of Pal, cheer up Pal.

If Alabama goes through a down turn, at least you have Nebraska,........or Georgia, ........or whoever is winning from week to week.

Here's to 20 year's of Big Red luck.

Godspeed Pal.

I think Texas, Georgia and LSU are Alabama's immediate greatest threats to ownership of the SEC, and coaches from those schools have the best chance to hold on to the current team.

At the same time, existing coaches at those schools now see this is the greatest opportunity they have to stomp in some substantial way on Alabama for years to come, and so will their sponsors in those alumni groups.

So it would be a tug to get the HC from any of those schools, yet those are the three coaches that have enough record and clout to fight the ghost of Saban, to keep the dynasty going, to keep the Alabama team together, and maybe even to add a player or two from their school. And they already are in the SEC brotherhood, and know their way around the Southeast conference.

What we should not overlook, however , are the others on his staff. He didn't do all of that by himself - he had great assistant coaches. What do they do now?

We already had the Harbaugh saga to watch. Now this. Isn't football great during BBall season?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back