• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Running backs

Chukar1

Recruit
2 Year Member
Does anyone know anything about any of the reserve RB's. Like Jaquez Yant 6-2, 225, or Zach Weinmaster 5-11,190 3 time Col. 1st team all-state 5,000 yds. rushing in 3 yrs. there must be some RB who can carry 15-20 a game and stay healthy?

Weinmaster was on kick-off returns for some of last year, but more as the protector. I don't know if Yant has seen the field. So many running backs waiting to get a chance, I am not sure either of those two see the field as running back, maybe as Duck-R like Brody Belt. Cooper Jewett was the only walk-on to carry the ball last year, and he's gotten a mention from Held in the press this spring -- still a long shot for him to get another carry this year.

Everyone needs to look at Jaquez Yant's twitter account. There some photos of him in the weight room, he is HUGE. He may be bigger then 225#, there is also some footage of him carrying the ball in practice. Also take note of #15 Barron Miles a fast sure handed receiver.
For those of us who are Twitter handicapped, could you share any of the pics? I know guys have joked he’s going to be this year’s Spring Game Legend who never sees the field during season, but his suitors, prior to seeming his grades were going to stop him, were a pretty impressive group.

For those of us who are Twitter handicapped, could you share any of the pics? I know guys have joked he’s going to be this year’s Spring Game Legend who never sees the field during season, but his suitors, prior to seeming his grades were going to stop him, were a pretty impressive group.

Ew4tbVCW8AA5lE4

Ew4tbVFXAAMUKjT

If we are playing:
Weinmaster
Belt
Jewett
We are not breaking .500 in the BIG.

I'm sorry but these players do not bring enough speed to the table to give DONU what they need at the RB position.

RB in 2021 has got to cause consistent 4-6 yard gains but also frequent 10+ plays that take the pressure off the QB run game.

The three players above just don't have the athleticism to do that game in and game out.

Spot duty, maybe but they just can't be who we rely on if we are going to threaten for BiG Championships, winning seasons, Bowl games.

Someone else has to threaten, or arrive via the Portal. Stepps has the "potential" but his injury history has me skeptical that he is a guy we can count on for 10-20 carries a game in the BIG.

More than another QB from the Portal, I think we need another RB.

GBR

NU offered him a scoli. till his grades stopped him, but we stayed with him as a walk on. He may be a gray-shirt because he came to school eligible having raised his grades in summer school.

Keep his new number #0 in mind. They don't give out cool numbers to guys they don't think can play. Pheldarius Payne also got a new #0 this spring.

Everyone needs to look at Jaquez Yant's twitter account. There some photos of him in the weight room, he is HUGE. He may be bigger then 225#, there is also some footage of him carrying the ball in practice. Also take note of #15 Barron Miles a fast sure handed receiver.
Sorry guys, Betts is #15 Miles is #19.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back