• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rondale Moore Returns to Purdue

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member

Purdue wide receiver Rondale Moore is opting back in and will play for the Boilermakers during the fall season, he announced on ESPN's College Football Live on Thursday.

Good deal. Makes that game more appealing. I want to see Rondale Moore and Wan’Dale Robinson in the same game before Moore heads to the NFL.

I have absolutely no idea who is advising this guy. Where are his parents, where is his possible agent....hell, where are his friends? Even the head coach should be advising him against this. This guy has absolutely NOTHING to gain from this unique, shorter season and absolutely everything to lose. He has already been injured once It was a pretty bad one. If he gets badly injured again his draft stock drops like a rock. People can talk all they want about team loyalty, yada yada but this kid is doing himself a disservice. Incredibly shortsighted. I just don’t understand it. The kids going back to Ohio State can at least see they’re playing for something to last their whole lives, a national championship. But Purdue?

I have absolutely no idea who is advising this guy. Where are his parents, where is his possible agent....hell, where are his friends? Even the head coach should be advising him against this. This guy has absolutely NOTHING to gain from this unique, shorter season and absolutely everything to lose. He has already been injured once It was a pretty bad one. If he gets badly injured again his draft stock drops like a rock. People can talk all they want about team loyalty, yada yada but this kid is doing himself a disservice. Incredibly shortsighted. I just don’t understand it. The kids going back to Ohio State can at least see they’re playing for something to last their whole lives, a national championship. But Purdue?
He needs another year to show he can still play, IMO.

Disagree.....the combine and draft process will clearly show his abilities are fine and if they aren’t, why play NOW? He’d want to give himself MORE time to get fully healthy. He has already made the grade, won the prize, opened the door.

this only endangers it and for what?? A shade higher draft stock??

The only thing I can think of is that NFL folks have told him he needs to play which is just absolutely crazy to me.

The whole thing is just crazy to me. Same for the wide receiver at Minnesota.

Last edited:
Disagree.....the combine and draft process will clearly show his abilities are fine and if they aren’t, why play NOW? He’d want to give himself MORE time to get fully healthy. He has already made the grade, won the prize, opened the door.

this only endangers it and for what?? A shade higher draft stock??

The only thing I can think of is that NFL folks have told him he needs to play which is just absolutely crazy to me.

The whole thing is just crazy to me. Same for the wide receiver at Minnesota.
My guess is that he’s a true football player and loves to play the game. I totally understand what you’re saying about his risk and I can’t argue otherwise. But I’ll never question a man who just wants to play the game. If I’m a talent evaluator, I bump him up on his draft grade simply because he chose to play. Those are the guys I want on my roster.

Hi Bob Diaco ! ;)

WIZARD3.png

Playing will show everyone that he is actually back from his injury. His injury was pretty bad this will show he is back.

To me, it simply boils down to this. If he pulls it off and has a great season he’s a genius and will reap higher rewards in the draft.

But if everybody in the world has figured out that he is THE threat at Purdue, (gee, imagine that) He takes a terrible beating all year, has a bad or average year, and God forbid gets hurt. It was a horrific decision.

But the kicker to me is his major goal since starting to play the game as a young kid is accomplished....Get into the NFL....and now he can reset his goals for a higher aspiration.

Going back to Purdue puts all that at risk. And frankly is just unnecessary.

But what do I know....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back