• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roger Craig Still Not In HOF

Well it took Shell to get in on a special centennial class. I'd have no problem if every member of the Steel Curtain defense is in.
Btw, how is Drew Pearson still not in the HOF??
well, drew pearson didn't play for the steelers.

neither did cliff branch whom both should be in along with roger craig long before half the steeler inductees. john stallworth, lynn swan, donnie shell.... pittsburgh rarely threw the ball until they were well into there super bowl run and flopped in the 76 playoffs when franco harris went down with injuries and the 2 HOF WR couldn't get them to the super bowl with historic effort by the steel curtain. the steelers had the best corner in the game, Mel Blount and the best group of linebackers in football Ham, Lambert, Russell along with the best DT in joe greene. along with really good players, (NOT HOF) around them in ernie holmes, greenwood, shell, glen edwards...ect should everyone from the 85 bears be in HOF? how about the ray lewis lead ravens? How about doomsday that reigned among the top teams in the league from the mid 60 to the mid 80's. think about that, lost to packers in NFC title game in 1966, 67...5 super bowls, 2 titles along with a couple nail bitters vs those vaunted (admittedly better) steelers before going onto 3 straight NFC title defeats 81, 82, 83 (with 4th different QB nearly 20 years later and missing playoffs i think 1 time. 3 different SB MVP's (harvey martin, randy white, chuck howley) and ya want to tell me donnie shell JUST got in?

donnie shell road the coat tales of mel blount, joe greene, jack ham, jack lambert...along with ernie holmes, andy russell, steve furness, greenwood and dwight white. tell me now, is donnie shell grouped in with the bolded HOF (should be) or his peers that follow?

its remarkable how different the steelers dynasty is treated (every single player must be great) compared to the 2 decade long cowboys of the 60's -80's, the 49ers of the 80's cowboys of the 90's and the current patriot's where most of the credit is given to a select few. in this case, roger craig was a vital part of the 49ers run and yet joe montana gets practically all of the credit. its astonishing. tom brady will get most all the credit for the patriots, triplets for dallas and yet darren woodson whom was twice the player as donnie shell and hardly even a whisper.....sad

come saturday before the super bowl, 2 more steelers will get enshrinement lavished upon them as well (polamalu, faneca).
maybe they should move the hall out of the suburbs of pittsburgh (<100 miles)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back