• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roby entering NBA Draft w/o Agent...

Good move by Roby. See what his options are, then he can continue to play for the Huskers to further develop for a career in the NBA.

Hope he comes back.

Last edited:

Agree he needs to check out his draft status, and that he's not ready. Hope he doesn't transfer either - we've seen that before. I don't think Roby can graduate this May, so he'd have to sit a year and I don't think he would want to do that. Still a really good kid, hope he can figure out the next level of intensity he needs.

Frankly, Roby would be stupid not to put his name in. It looks like Houberg already reached out to him so that’s good.

Roby did the same thing last year, so this makes perfect sense. If had he played all season like he did in the first round of the NIT, he would be a lock.

Smart move by this young man. I would bet Fred already told him to get a feel for where he stands. Then, after the combine, they can discuss what he was told and a plan for next year. Scouts will tell him to keep working in the weight room and getting stronger in order to finish through contact. Also, work on a pump fake mid-range jumper.

I've seen 6-8 mock drafts. And I believe every one has Roby being drafted. Some in the first. Some second. I'd say early-second round, on average.

Now -- take that FWIW (not a lot). Mock drafts are far from gospel. But I do tend to think Roby would get drafted. But I also tend to think second round is much more likely than first. And (hopefully) that would be enough to entice him to return to build on his draft stock for 2020. I certainly believe Hoiberg has much greater potential to develop Roby than Miles ever would have -- so his chances of returning are probably greater because of that.

I've seen 6-8 mock drafts. And I believe every one has Roby being drafted. Some in the first. Some second. I'd say early-second round, on average.

Now -- take that FWIW (not a lot). Mock drafts are far from gospel. But I do tend to think Roby would get drafted. But I also tend to think second round is much more likely than first. And (hopefully) that would be enough to entice him to return to build on his draft stock for 2020. I certainly believe Hoiberg has much greater potential to develop Roby than Miles ever would have -- so his chances of returning are probably greater because of that.
I’m kicking around some “mock drafts are like weather forecasts—anyone can do them and the professionals rarely get them right” jokes, but I felt it would be insulting so I refrained.

But the professionals get paid for being wrong.

Bad weather forecast = $$$

:Biggrin:

:Confused: Is that forecasting bad weather or bad forecasting of the weather?
hmm.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back