• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rivals?

For me it's Wisky. A rival in my eyes is someone I loathe losing to and want very badly to beat. I hate Iowa, but Wisconsin is the team I want Nebraska to beat the dog snot out of every fall.

I live in Iowa so that is who I look at as a rival. It's a lot better year for me here when we beat them and I expect to reestablish dominance soon.

I live in Iowa so that is who I look at as a rival. It's a lot better year for me here when we beat them and I expect to reestablish dominance soon.

That was me with CU when I lived in Colorado. Didn't have anything to worry about until 1986, but when the dam broke it was on. Brutal.

I think Wisconsin is a rival, although they don't probably see it that way, at the very least it will be a rivalry when Frost coaches us to a few wins. Across the division I think Mich St. is a great rivalry. If you think back to since we joined some of my favorite games have been against the Spartans Turner's touchdown in East Lansing, Reilly's late touchdown catch. I really look forward to those games and with the way we've played each other they seem like a natural rival in the East.

That's the part that kills me. Even when Nebraska was kicking the crap out of nearly everyone, I think most Nebraska fans showed a lot of class in victory. Since the slide, the Wisconsin's and Iowa's of the world really haven't returned the favor.

I hope Nebraska fans remember that (to show class) when we get back on top of the CFB world.

I hope Nebraska fans remember that (to show class) when we get back on top of the CFB world.

It will be interesting. There is a new generation of fans that weren't old enough to remember when NU was really good. Unfortunately they're the 'look at me' selfie, Facebook and Twitter generation who kind of grew up with that being not just accepted behavior, but expected to a certain extent.

It will be interesting. There is a new generation of fans that weren't old enough to remember when NU was really good. Unfortunately they're the 'look at me' selfie, Facebook and Twitter generation who kind of grew up with that being not just accepted behavior, but expected to a certain extent.
Exactly. That's why we "old timers" need to share what being a Husker is all about.

I'm 34. Guess I'm an old timer because I remember the days of Frazier, Frost and Crouch curb stomping the life out of everyone we played.

I'm too young to have seen the Johnny Rodgers years, but I was born on a cold January night in 1984. Just a few days after Dr. Tom showed the world his giant steel balls and decided to go for 2. Guess I was meant to be a Husker.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back