• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rivals 250 QB Adrian Martinez: Will visit 8 December: Update: Decision Coming In a couple of days

I don't see it as a mistake to use your personnel within your offense,and employ their strengths. Riley problem was more play calling, game management, etc. I think frost is smart enough to use his strengths. Plus I see improvement in o-line play.

I think this is being discussed but my two cents on fitting personnel to your scheme or the other way around...

Biggest mistake Mike Riley made his first recruiting class was not bringing a QB that fits what he wants to do in to at least give him the option. That won't happen this time around. Maybe Frost has someone sitting around that can do what he wants, but he doesn't know. Take the guess work out of it.

Meh. I would be happy with what we have. As has been stated his offense doesn't require a fast qb. It's more about the zone read and blocking. If a kid comes in and is the best then so be it. I would say Lee goes pro or grad transfer if eligible , POB transfers and Gebbia stays 4 years, starter or not.

The thing is also. Not matter what year you are, everyone in that qb room will be starting from square one learning the offense. It's a shame all those tweets of Gebbia staying late learning Langsdorfs offense lol

a smart guy(compared to me) had a two part set of articles on huskermax about a month ago that I took in a nutshell basically frosts offense tries to outnumber the defense based on defensive alignment. it's a pass if they load the box and a run if they back off to cover the recievers. don't know what happened to those articles but wish they were back as I saved them the first time, then my computer went down and I lost them. help?

a smart guy(compared to me) had a two part set of articles on huskermax about a month ago that I took in a nutshell basically frosts offense tries to outnumber the defense based on defensive alignment. it's a pass if they load the box and a run if they back off to cover the recievers. don't know what happened to those articles but wish they were back as I saved them the first time, then my computer went down and I lost them. help?

@ShortSideOption as I recall.

I know this will upset people but everything bout this kid reminds me of TMart. Eve his throwing motion
One of T-ragics biggest flaws was between his ears. Let's hope this kid isn't exactly like him in that respect.

I think you will see us play fast and uptempo but you can do that and incorporate some power run game. Go hard and fast and hit em in the mouth! We have better personnel for that at this time. Eventually we will see UCF offense but not right away. IMHO
Let's not try that "adjust the system to meet what we have on hand" crap any more. We are already terrible, if it takes 1 more year of terrible and 2 more of just decent football to flush it out of our systems then do it. Put your system in and make the players we have run that system. If we have the talent everyone thinks we do (which I'm not sure of) then they can do it. If we don't, then it won't matter what system you run and everyone will be behind in learning the system another 2 years or more.

Huskerchalktalk.com

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back