• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Rivalry week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm to the point of almost boycotting the Iowa game. Not because of Iowa, but because of the snobby, ridiculous Husker fans.

GET

OFF

YOUR

HIGH

HORSE

I really hope before Tom Osborne retires, he sets aside a special section in Memorial Stadium for all the blue hairs and malcontents who won't shut the hell up about Oklahoma being our one-and-only love.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy playing the Sooners. But some of our fans act like it's their God-given right to play in Norman every other year. They act like if they just ignore other teams long enough, maybe Oklahoma will come back. Maybe if we close our eyes and pretend that we're not here, Iowa won't notice us and we can avoid getting trapped into some fake rivalry with anyone other than Oklahoma.

Unless Oklahoma gets a Big Ten invite, those days are gone. Relish the past, enjoy the memories. But please stop complaining about every team on our schedule not being Oklahoma. It's getting old.

:deadhorse::soapbox:

I would really like Penn state to be our rival. I truly thought that Nebraska and Penn Stae were two programs that did it the right way. I also would like it because I have a chance to see Big Red every two years. Penn State won't be a true rival for several years but I like the way O'Brien is building this team. I think they will be a middle of the pack team until sanctions are over but after that I think the they will be a great rival.

Is there a trophy for this game? I missed that. "Heroes Trophy"? Is there an historical basis for this name and for these heroes?

thanks

Here's your rivalry....

"We have met the enemy and the enemy is us."

Last edited:

I'm to the point of almost boycotting the Iowa game. Not because of Iowa, but because of the snobby, ridiculous Husker fans.

GET

OFF

YOUR

HIGH

HORSE

I really hope before Tom Osborne retires, he sets aside a special section in Memorial Stadium for all the blue hairs and malcontents who won't shut the hell up about Oklahoma being our one-and-only love.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy playing the Sooners. But some of our fans act like it's their God-given right to play in Norman every other year. They act like if they just ignore other teams long enough, maybe Oklahoma will come back. Maybe if we close our eyes and pretend that we're not here, Iowa won't notice us and we can avoid getting trapped into some fake rivalry with anyone other than Oklahoma.

Unless Oklahoma gets a Big Ten invite, those days are gone. Relish the past, enjoy the memories. But please stop complaining about every team on our schedule not being Oklahoma. It's getting old.

:deadhorse::soapbox:

Good point. Oklahoma was the one that ended our rivalry. Screw Oklahoma!

Last edited:

Do I have to move on? I don't like all this conference hoppin' around. There's no logic to the make-up of conferences anymore. It's just the evolution of forming mega-conferences. The only good thing I see from all of that is that perhaps the mega-conference champions will comprise the pool of those in the post-season tournament. Then it won't depend on ratings anymore but on conference champs. I'm not exactly in favor of a playoff, but, perhaps that's how it will end up and that would be better, in my opinion.

But then, I'm feeling grumpy today, too.

I think we should start a new conference and call it the Rivalry League. Here's who'd be in it:

NU Oklahoma Texas Colorado Kansas State Kansas (old-time's sake) Missouri Iowa State (lots of Neb. kids)

What fun!

I think we should start a new conference and call it the Rivalry League. Here's who'd be in it:

NU Oklahoma Texas Colorado Kansas State Kansas (old-time's sake) Missouri Iowa State (lots of Neb. kids)

What fun!

Now you hurt Oklahoma State's feelings.

What fun!

So you basically recreated the Big 8 but kicked out the Pokes and replaced them with the Tea-sips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back