• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule reportedly turned us down. Update: Well Maybe Not

A good OL would do wonders for the offense, I'd be surprised if Thompson would be able to get health insurance considering the line he has to protect him.

There's a bad offense because of bad play calling or scheme, and there's bad offense because of personal. Right now I'd say it's personal not scheme or play calling. And by personal a lot of that could be strength and conditioning as well as how they are coached rather then their physical ability. I have a hard time believing people that came in so highly rated could play so poorly without help from poor SC or poor coaching.
Yep that’s exactly right. I don’t like our offensive style but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have been effective with a decent O line. That’s where it all starts on both sides of the ball. We can have all 4 star skill players and it wouldn’t matter if we can’t protect or push the other side of the ball. If we don’t develop our talent and reestablish our physical identity we can continue to expect theses same results on the field.

Not to defend MJ's offense, it can't be defended, well except on the field, but it appears he only called then first series of plays because it took Whip a while to make it up to the box after halftime where he called the second half plays.

But as you said his offense isn't winning him any accolades.
I hadn’t heard that whip called 2half. MJ had told half time announcer he would.

Does it cover up my other labels or is it in addition to my many others?
Addition... at this point you look like a light pole from a college campus

1669212705053.png

I hadn’t heard that whip called 2half. MJ had told half time announcer he would.
Yeah I remember he said he would call plays, but somewhere after the game it was reported Whip called all but the first series.

At the end of the game I was thinking, well everyone wanted Smothers to play and someone else to call the plays, guess we saw how that worked out. Then later when I read Whip called the plays.

I was going to say that I thought Whip was up in the box, leg wrapped in ice sucking down ibuprofen and calling the plays. You may not like his play-calling and his offensive philosophy (and I certainly don’t) but you have to admit that he’s a gamer and there’s no “quit” in him.

Why is that some folks think we can't attract an elite coach?

Our football tradition buries teams like Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, Florida.....etc.
Our relative geographic isolation from high concentrations of elite recruits is well documented. Auburn, Georgia, Clemson and Florida (among others) are all within a few hundred miles of all the recruits a program would need to be elite. Coaches know this…..

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back