• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule negotiations

I'm glad so many are excited about a 47-43 college coaching record.

Hope it works out if he is the one hired.

I truly do hope it does work out, as I am Husker fan first and a coaching hire fan second.
Keep in mind he had a 2-10 Temple team that then went 6-6, 10-4, and 10-3; then at Baylor he started 1-11, 7-6 & 11-3. The more I dug into it, and watched him interview, the more I am liking him…he’s at least shown the ability to turn 2 teams around and into winners, especially Temple who was never good before or since

Last edited:
Keep in mind he had a 2-10 Temple team that then went 6-6, 10-4, and 10-3; then at Baylor he started 1-11, 7-6 & 11-3. The more I dug into it, and watched him interview, the more I am liking him…he’s at least shown the ability to turn 2 teams around and into winners, especially Temple who was never good before or since

:thumbsup:

Ok.

I wasn't excited for the mike riley hire... there was no splash... just a background of inconsistency. Scott Frost was the splash hire we thought would work.

Just maybe, the program builder type guy is what we need right now.... kind of like the Bob Devaney of old...

Husker fans: we need a coach who instills fundamentals, work ethic, and puts an emphasis on line play

Huskers: hire Matt Rhule who works to instill fundamentals, work ethic, and puts and emphasis on line play

Husker fans: this hire SUCKS!

Predictable as always……:Rolleyes:

I truly do hope it does work out, as I am Husker fan first and a coaching hire fan second.
After the past 6 years anything over .500 actually sounds pretty good. I believe Rhule is probably a good hire considering he needed to almost rebuild the Baylor program. He went from 1-11 to 11-3 in 3 years which is pretty good imo. I think the Huskers are in better shape then Baylor was when he took over as their HC.

After the past 6 years anything over .500 actually sounds pretty good. I believe Rhule is probably a good hire considering he needed to almost rebuild the Baylor program. He went from 1-11 to 11-3 in 3 years which is pretty good imo. I think the Huskers are in better shape then Baylor was when he took over as their HC.
Considering all the recruiting that goes on in the state of Texas, all the different major football programs... to be able to do what he did at Baylor tells me he has a good eye for talent. I dont think recruiting will be a huge issue... I dont think we will have a ton of splash recruiting classes, but I think we'll see more development on the backside and players moving up through the program instead of out. Just my opinion, but unlike Frost, I think Rhule could really bring back the walk on program to what it once was!

I'm excited about someone who has demonstrated the ability to not continue to wallow in mediocrity but consistently improve and develop. I disregard his pro record - different game that many are not suited for.

TA has had time to look all around. If this is his choice, I'm ready to say Let's Go.

But c'mon -- schedule a press conference. I don't like "next few days."

On some of the negotiations I have been in, that turned out to be weeks, even when both sides wanted it done.

After resurrecting Temple and Baylor from the depths of despair. What were their records the year(s) he left?
temple.png

baylor.png

2022 Dave Aranda 4-5 6-6

This SUCKS!

The question I would ask to those upset about the hire would be who was a better choice and why? And then was that person even interested/in-play?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back