• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Rex Burkhead sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I flew into omaha on Wed 8/1 to visit family, I hadnt been back since the horrific loss at home to Ia St, about 2-3 yr ago. Well I walked out of the airport terminal to the curb, to catch my ride, the first car that pulled up was a texas car, and out popped rex burkhead, to drop his girlfriend off, he got her bag for her, and she headed inside, he took off. I think it was a sign, basically the first person I saw was one of our fantastic players, Im sure it was a sign of good things to come, a nice welcome home sign to me. I didnt bother the kid, but my kids were sure excited to hear all about their hero !!!

I flew into omaha on Wed 8/1 to visit family, I hadnt been back since the horrific loss at home to Ia St, about 2-3 yr ago. Well I walked out of the airport terminal to the curb, to catch my ride, the first car that pulled up was a texas car, and out popped rex burkhead, to drop his girlfriend off, he got her bag for her, and she headed inside, he took off. I think it was a sign, basically the first person I saw was one of our fantastic players, Im sure it was a sign of good things to come, a nice welcome home sign to me. I didnt bother the kid, but my kids were sure excited to hear all about their hero !!!

It might be a sign of good things to come, but then again it might not be if you share this information with Rex's wife. :rockon:

Well it could have been his wife, i just assume at his age he wasnt married, i have no idea. lets just put it this way --- she was a lovely young woman, and he was very courteous towards her.

Well it could have been his wife, i just assume at his age he wasnt married, i have no idea. lets just put it this way --- she was a lovely young woman, and he was very courteous towards her.

just giving you a friendly HM roast... ;)

He's actually married to Hanna something-or-other on the Nebraska volleyball team, unless I am not up-to-date.

Their kids and Roy Helu's kids will be the first of a genetic breeding program that has been started by the NU athletic department. I believe Roy just recently married Dani Mancuso and isn't Taylor Martinez dating Lauren Cook? I believe the plane is for those couple to each have 2 children, one girl one boy and then to have them on the rosters of the football and volleyball teams in 20 years ;)

Their kids and Roy Helu's kids will be the first of a genetic breeding program that has been started by the NU athletic department. I believe Roy just recently married Dani Mancuso and isn't Taylor Martinez dating Lauren Cook? I believe the plane is for those couple to each have 2 children, one girl one boy and then to have them on the rosters of the football and volleyball teams in 20 years ;)

Sounds like the plot line to a Stephen King novel!

I hadn't thought of these three couples and their team connections before. Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back