• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

I had to shut off my "interaction switch" to keep me from taking inappropriate actions...

Lol, is that what it's called? And how do you shut that off exactly, because I have struggled with that as well ...

Praise God for all of the Blessings - seen and unseen - and for the time you've been able to devote to being at Steph's side. A remarkable journey you've both been on, and we are thankful you've allowed us to be a small part of that.

Take care EVK, and Merry Christmas.

OK, I'm back at it. REQUESTING PRAYERS that I will be able to get in to see Steph tomorrow (Christmas Day). She has called me twice today (I'm on the phone with her as I'm typing this) saying she's very depressed and wants me there. She has tried contacting the chaplain, but has not been able to connect. Her bro-in-law sent her a list of numbers to contact a chaplain, but she was unable to contact a chaplain through any of that.

The "Patient Rights and Responsibilities" document from Emory states the following:
"As a patient... you have the right to:
"Emotional support by a family member, friend or other individual of your choice through the course of your visit (unless the presence of the individual infringes on others' rights, safety, or is medically or therapeutically contraindicated)."

Prayers that we will find someone with enough compassion to let me in to see my wife on Christmas...

OK, I'm back at it. REQUESTING PRAYERS that I will be able to get in to see Steph tomorrow (Christmas Day). She has called me twice today (I'm on the phone with her as I'm typing this) saying she's very depressed and wants me there. She has tried contacting the chaplain, but has not been able to connect. Her bro-in-law sent her a list of numbers to contact a chaplain, but she was unable to contact a chaplain through any of that.

The "Patient Rights and Responsibilities" document from Emory states the following:
"Emotional support by a family member, friend or other individual of your choice through the course of your visit (unless the presence of the individual infringes on others' rights, safety, or is medically or therapeutically contraindicated)."

Prayers that we will find someone with enough compassion to let me in to see my wife on Christmas...

You got it ! Prayers and more prayers coming Vicki, the girls and I

Hang in there Elwood. As you know, the good Lord was not born on December 25th. Society has chosen that day to celebrate Christmas. As a divorcee', there are times I'm not with my whole family on Christmas Day. I have learned that Christmas is better when you can cherish that time with family, not the date itself. I pray you can be with Steph tomorrow, but if not, celebrate Christmas the next time you can with her and the family.

I TRIED. I GAVE IT MY ALL.

Like Scott Frost fighting for his players to have a football season, I fought for Steph. I fought. I tried to get Steph home for Christmas. I tried to get her out of the evil LTACH for Christmas. Failing all that, I tried to get in to see her for Christmas. None of that is going to happen.

I am spent. I am worn out. I’m tired. I’m exhausted. Totally leaning on God, because I cannot stand on my own. I’m taking a break.
EVK am holding you up in prayer this evening.God has you brother.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back