• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Remove the interim tag. Let’s move forward.

Sorry . . . MJ isn't the answer. If he was, we'd be sniffing bowl eligibility. He was always going to have an uphill climb to be the choice, but we need someone with more experience. We can't afford another emotional, Nebraska-guy choice.

Would love to have MJ stay as a position coach and/or recruiter. He's not ready right now to be the main guy. He's better than Frost . . . which isn't saying a lot.

ew-nope.gif

This team, since MJ took over as IHC, has shown consistent improvement from one game to the next. My support for him being named Head Coach, if ADTA so decides he is the man, has nothing to do with him being a former Husker. That is irrelevant. It has much to do with him displaying fundamental, "intrinsic" leadership qualities. He naturally creates an environment where players will follow him not becasue they have to but rather because they want to. He is similar to Osborne in that regard but with a more visible intensity. Give him rein to fire and hire assistants for next year and I believe you would see marked improvement with player personel and game management.

Another consideration is to take a look at todays depth chart for this game and how young this team actually is. Look at the number of Sophmore/Junior starters. There are but 3 Senior starters on the Offensive side of the ball and but 1 Senior starter on the defensive side. MJ has done wonders with this teams fundamentals in just a few weeks especially considering their youth.

Hire the man already. He can do the job given his own staff. I know I will get ripped for this but it’s time to end this and make Joseph the head man.
Mickey want be our next HC. He's still assisstant material. He's not the guy, and that's not a knock on MJ, he's just not the right fit for our Huskers right now.

This team, since MJ took over as IHC, has shown consistent improvement from one game to the next. My support for him being named Head Coach, if ADTA so decides he is the man, has nothing to do with him being a former Husker. That is irrelevant. It has much to do with him displaying fundamental, "intrinsic" leadership qualities. He naturally creates an environment where players will follow him not becasue they have to but rather because they want to. He is similar to Osborne in that regard but with a more visible intensity. Give him rein to fire and hire assistants for next year and I believe you would see marked improvement with player personel and game management.

Another consideration is to take a look at todays depth chart for this game and how young this team actually is. Look at the number of Sophmore/Junior starters. There are but 3 Senior starters on the Offensive side of the ball and but 1 Senior starter on the defensive side. MJ has done wonders with this teams fundamentals in just a few weeks especially considering their youth.
Actually they haven’t shown consistent improvements. One game one side of the ball looks good than the next week it falls apart and something else looks good. In fact we probably have the most inconsistency from half to half of any team in P5.

Husker fans have the most unbelievable propensity to fall in love with losing coaches. No matter how bad the loss/losses, or embarrassing play for decades they always have excuses to keep losers around. Even now people talk of "improvement." Sadly, there is none. Minnesota is a horrible team and I personally think Ibrahim is way overrated, but he could point to where he was going to run and we still could not stop it. Opposing teams are still making halftime adjustments and we are not. Bielma would have won 7 or 8 here this year.

Actually they haven’t shown consistent improvements. One game one side of the ball looks good than the next week it falls apart and something else looks good. In fact we probably have the most inconsistency from half to half of any team in P5.
You must not watch much college football!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back