• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Referees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do some here really think this will matter?

Whether it was intentional (it's hard to believe the A&M game was anything else) or a case of someone letting their emotions get in the way of doing their job, I don't think there's much doubt that having Burks' crew work a Nebraska game was detrimental to the Huskers in 2010. So, if it's his crew, yes, I think it's a potential issue. I think it would take some naivete to think otherwise. The Gator Bowl would be wise to make sure it avoids the issue requesting any Big XII crew but Burks'.

Having said that, the officiating can't be an excuse. It's fine as a fan discussion but there shouldn't be even a hint of concern within the team. It's Bo's job to have the team prepared well enough and it's the team's job to go out and execute well enough that the officiating crew has little opportunity to make judgement calls.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back