• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Referees

Status
Not open for further replies.

according to some...the Big 12 Ref all moved to the B1G

Poor Nebraska. Cable sports networks, conference officials, bowl selection committees, and referee crews are all out to get them.

Its a wonder that we ever win a game.:(

I'd hate to think that officials will have anything to do with whether we win or lose the bowl game. I know on occasion, a games outcome will fall on officiating. But I think for the most part, 99% of referees call a game in good faith.

(Exception perhaps a certain Texas A&M game that seemed incredibly blatant)

I'd hate to think that officials will have anything to do with whether we win or lose the bowl game. I know on occasion, a games outcome will fall on officiating. But I think for the most part, 99% of referees call a game in good faith.

(Exception perhaps a certain Texas A&M game that seemed incredibly blatant)

Or you play in the NFL against New England.......never seen a team get more good vs bad calls then they do. ;0)

There's only reason for concern if Greg Burks' crew is assigned to the game. I'm pretty sure I remember reading back in 2010 that Burks and Bo don't much like each other and it was Burks crew that called (threw) the aTm game. According to the wiki page for the 2013 Gator Bowl, Burks worked that game last year. Hopefully they move the officiating crews around.

There's only reason for concern if Greg Burks' crew is assigned to the game. I'm pretty sure I remember reading back in 2010 that Burks and Bo don't much like each other and it was Burks crew that called (threw) the aTm game. According to the wiki page for the 2013 Gator Bowl, Burks worked that game last year. Hopefully they move the officiating crews around.

Yes, his crew also worked the ISU and Texas games that year. Burkhead nearly got his head ripped off at the goal line against ISU, Cotton was nearly castrated at aTm, Texas blatantly held all game long, yet no penalties called in our favor in those cases. The rest of the games weren't nearly as biased against us.

The one thing I miss from Big XII refs was their willingness to allow DB's to play tight coverage. To me that was the biggest difference moving to the Big 10. We used to be able to press at the line and ride guys out of bounds, like Amukamara and Dennard were accustomed to in the Big XII. Once we moved to the Big 10 that ended. The refs in the Big 10 are way too likely to call PI on the defense, they don't let 'em play IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back