• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUSKERINWYO

Recruit
10 Year Member
I just had a thought and wonderfed what you all think. Do you think that with Bo not playing some of his young talent and having them spend so much time on the bench does that hurt us when he tries to get top recruits? Curious.:2cents:

I just had a thought and wonderfed what you all think. Do you think that with Bo not playing some of his young talent and having them spend so much time on the bench does that hurt us when he tries to get top recruits? Curious.:2cents:

Sure, but he's got a lot more serious flaws as a coach than that. Really no excuse for troting Rex and Taylor out there just to keep Michigan's victory margin in check. We'd already been thoroughly embarrassed, might as well let the new kids get a few reps. Also...sick of hearing Pelini say that he "can't keep Rex out" of the game..as if Rex decides his own playing time and not the coaches.

Listen, each position is important but O Line and Defensive Secondary are 2 areas that you must be good at if you want to win. Those areas seem to be the weakest link for NU this season. NU can't cover and they can't block. Those are problems! NU is young in the secondary. Why? Why wasn't that area addressed 2 years ago in recruiting when everyone knew the entire secondary would be graduating after last season? Why weren't backups allowed game time prep to develop? These are real questions that a coaching staff must be able to answer before they need to be asked!

I don't have a problem with the young talent on the bench....it's when they're on the bench burning a redshirt that things are screwed up.

The amount of walk-ons we have starting points to a lack of talent being recruited and/or lack of development of said recruits.

I agree and i also think that the "you do one thing wrong and your in bo dog house needs to stop".Some of the best athletes don't practice well or show the effort like a walk on. Walk on are making schollie players look bad. take it for whats its worth but its keeping talent off the field.

In my 2 cent what im trying to say is bo needs to play his talent because his talent is going to make bigger and better plays and more consistent plays.

I think that players want their coach to make them the best player they can be. If they need to learn hard lessons like sitting on the bench because they didn't put the effort forth in the classroom or practice field, so be it.

Bo is trying to turn our players into men. I applaud him for doing the right thing.

If Bo started playing favorites, he would have dissension on his hands.

I saw that Nebraska has received a walk-on player from Missouri. His name is King Frazier. I must say I am completely amazed that he has reportedly decided to walk-on. IMO he is the best RB in the state of Missouri and also has a scholarship offer from Indiana. He has a few other offers from 1-AA programs, but to see a kid this talented walk-on when the cupboard is far from bare in Lincoln, really says a lot. I would not be shocked to see him change his mind because I can easily see him getting more D-1 offers to choose from in the coming months. But if he does stick around as a walk-on, wow. Very impressive. Like I said, best RB in the state of Missouri IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back