• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recruiting: The Hunt for Defensive Linemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure next year is soon enough. We should also look at free agents and in-season trades. When is the trade deadline? ;)

Whether we take one or two, would depend on the system the coaches plan to run. If we are going to a 3-4, as the rumors say, we might not need both. If we are staying with our 4-3, two would be a necessity, in my mind. I am glad to hear Johnson is coming soon. Then, any other visits he takes will have to compare to NU. If we could have these two and Curry and Valentine for spring ball, things would look good for next year.

This will be his second visit as he made an unofficial earlier this year...so its a good sign....we are not there yet....but there is hope...:)

Whether we take one or two, would depend on the system the coaches plan to run. If we are going to a 3-4, as the rumors say, we might not need both. If we are staying with our 4-3, two would be a necessity, in my mind. I am glad to hear Johnson is coming soon. Then, any other visits he takes will have to compare to NU. If we could have these two and Curry and Valentine for spring ball, things would look good for next year.

Looks like he has two open weekends....Idaho State game and Minnesota game.....tryin gto make it next weekend right now.....

Honestly if we can get him and I'm feeling a tad better about this it would be a HUGE pickup....he would be a starter from Day One....he is that good...

Honestly if we can get him and I'm feeling a tad better about this it would be a HUGE pickup....he would be a starter from Day One....he is that good...

Is he that good or do we need help that bad?..... (probably a combination). At any rate, if this guy Toby is a game changer, the d-line needs him now.

He is that good....and yes we need the help....while we grow some young-un's.....

From what I have seen on film and read he is a game changer...

Is he that good or do we need help that bad?..... (probably a combination). At any rate, if this guy Toby is a game changer, the d-line needs him now.

High School Highlights:

[video=youtube_share;Q-MkBK0ewkA]http://youtu.be/Q-MkBK0ewkA[/video]

The question is have we had trouble recruiting along the d-line because of the dancing bear scheme? Do the higher end recruits really want to be what amounts to defensive potted plants, with the scheme geared towards LB's making the stops, and thus have all the fun and glory. Yeah I know Suh did it but he was able to play the 2-gap and crush people. He is a special breed.

HOL teaser saying that there were several unofficial visitors in town yesterday. Anyone know who? Some DTs maybe?

The question is have we had trouble recruiting along the d-line because of the dancing bear scheme? Do the higher end recruits really want to be what amounts to defensive potted plants, with the scheme geared towards LB's making the stops, and thus have all the fun and glory. Yeah I know Suh did it but he was able to play the 2-gap and crush people. He is a special breed.

Funny stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back