• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Blitz (6/25/24)

Boy we sure cannot close on any of these offensive lineman? I wonder what the disconnect is here? Even with a Five Star Quarterback? Losing out to Tennessee and Oregon State? Something is missing here? I am cornfused! :)

Boy we sure cannot close on any of these offensive lineman? I wonder what the disconnect is here? Even with a Five Star Quarterback? Losing out to Tennessee and Oregon State? Something is missing here? I am cornfused! :)
Osu, the first thing is its the west coast. Long history of PI kids going to these schools.
Since that is the precedent and what I don't know is the over the years connections that exist there to these kids, be it coaches or other means.

Tennessee is a headscratcher

Tennessee was 9-4 last year and smoked Iowa in their bowl game. We haven't been to a bowl game since any of the recruits were in elementary school.

We gotta start winning more games before I scratch my head at why recruits don't pick us.
I'm referring as to their PI attraction. Do they have a history?

Tennessee has been winning impressive recruiting battles the last two cycles. They're doing a great job once they get kids on campus. They've proven as a staff they can win and maybe win big.

It'll happen. If we have as good of a year as I think we can, I foresee some late flips back to us on a few of these kids.

Tennessee has been winning impressive recruiting battles the last two cycles. They're doing a great job once they get kids on campus. They've proven as a staff they can win and maybe win big.

It'll happen. If we have as good of a year as I think we can, I foresee some late flips back to us on a few of these kids.
Agreed

Oregon State coaching staff has several Coaches who coached here in Lincoln

Trent Bray - Head Coach

Ryan Gunderson - Offensive Coordinator

Tristan Gebbia - Offensive Grad Asst

Todd McShane - Director of Player Personnel

I don't know why you would go there with basically no conference as of now. But these guys must have bad mouthed Lincoln enough to sway him "mshrug:

Last edited:

Oregon State coaching staff has several Coaches who coached here in Lincoln

Trent Bray - Head Coach

Ryan Gunderson - Offensive Coordinator

Tristan Gebbia - Offensive Grad Asst

Todd McShane - Director of Player Personnel

I don't know why you would go there with basically no conference as of now. But these guys must have bad mouthed Lincoln enough to sway him "mshrug:
Either way, if true or not they did this, they are very old news

All four football schools in Oregon and Washington, as well as the region generally, have a deep history with the PI community. It’s never shocking to see a PI player go to any of those four schools, the Utah schools, or the SoCal programs. It’s as much about family (Ohana) as the programs. Comfortable environment. No shame on having a PI recruit choose one of those programs over the Huskers.

All four football schools in Oregon and Washington, as well as the region generally, have a deep history with the PI community. It’s never shocking to see a PI player go to any of those four schools, the Utah schools, or the SoCal programs. It’s as much about family (Ohana) as the programs. Comfortable environment. No shame on having a PI recruit choose one of those programs over the Huskers.
True, but we need to change that some.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back