• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recruiting Bits From 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Just wanted to pass along some things from around the 24/7 Sports network:

1. Michael Rose Impresses (Link)

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.- Three days of practices are in the books for the 2012 Under Armour All-American Game, so that means it’s time to go position-by-position and look at the top performers from each team. 

Linebacker

Michael Rose, Kansas City (Mo.) Rockhurst
What Rose lacks in ideal body type, the Nebraska commit makes up for with instincts and strength. He has impressed throughout the week in coverage, making a number of plays on the ball over the middle. Very good lateral ability.

2. Aaron Babcock of Huskers Illustrated Photographs the UA Semper Fi Practice

Click here for a full gallery of 107 shots.

Click here for a 19-photo gallery of Andrus Peat and Michael Rose. Michael Rose looks like a full grown man in most of those shots.

3. Afalava Gets A Bump

Michael Bruntz of Huskers Illustrated posted that Jared Afalava received a ratings bump to a 4* following his impressive week at the Under Armour All-American Game.

From Twitter:

Quanzell Lambert

Both Hawkeye Insider and Pat Hardy say the believe Lambert will be announcing for Rutgers this week.

His quote (
“Nebraska, I love Coach (Bo) Pelini and he’s going to work you hard and make you a great player. I really like that he’s straight up with you.”
-Link) further reinforced that Nebraska is in a great spot with Lambert. I've felt that it was between us and Rutgers for some time. To me, the question is whether Nebraska has shown him enough to get him away from all the comforts of home. I personally don't put much weight in the two reports from the Iowa camps, as they're basically just saying they're out of it. I won't be surprised to hear Rutgers from the announcement, but I'll wait for Q to say it.

Davante Bourque

De-committed from LSU today, and will be hosting Ron Brown this week.

Seems a little odd to me, given that we've already got King Frazier as a walk-on for this class and seemed content on not using a scholarship for another running back. I personally don't expect anything to come of it, but crazier things have happened.

Last edited:

HIO and N2FL (and me :) ) have sung Mike Rose's praises from day one.....Rivals has him as the #14 LB and a 3-star and Lambert #13 and a 4-star....ESPN and 247 have him as a 4-star....he is going to be a real good oen in my opinion....

Afalava may be the steal of the class before he is done at Nebraska....great commit in my opinion....and derserving of a 4th star...:)

Bourque has now decommitted twice from A&M and LSU....have to admit that concerns me....even with only a month until signing day....sound liek Tennessee is in on him hard to boot...and honestly I don't think we need a RB in this class.....the staff must think he is the real deal.....I agree I don't think he ends up at Nebraska either...

On Lambert.....the biggest thing for him is his family wants him to stay home and sometimes you just can't overcome that and honestly I don't have a problem with that....have been there and done that.....not to mention traveling along way from home is hard on some kids....Nebraska kids rarely if ever have to travel that far to play college football so folks often underestimate that too....best him to him whatever he decides...and I think he may pick Rutgers too....and in my opinion we have a great LB class with or without him....

Thanks for posting....we agree on all....:) :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back