• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Receiver injuries!

Frost stated that it "he hopes so" and "we need him out there more consistently if he's going to help us" when asked about Omar's potential playing time. Hoping it's truly a fixable health issue. I remember Frost saying almost the exact same thing in reference to Maurice Washington a few times last year. Hoping the situations are completely different.

Frost stated that it "he hopes so" and "we need him out there more consistently if he's going to help us" when asked about Omar's potential playing time. Hoping it's truly a fixable health issue. I remember Frost saying almost the exact same thing in reference to Maurice Washington a few times last year. Hoping the situations are completely different.
We desperately need someone with the size and talent of Omar to step up in the WRs group, but if he's another me, myself and I who thinks he can just show up on Saturday and play, then we're better off parting ways now rather than later. I also hope that that is not the situation. He has the talent to be something really special (and a NFL prospect) if he's willing to commit himself to the program.

The rhetoric Frost is using about Manning specifically and wide receivers in general does not leave me feeling good about that position.
Agreed. The talk on WR does not inspire a lot of confidence. Brown, Robinson, and Manning all have some sort of injury, plus whatever else is going on with Manning. Those were probably the three guys I was counting on the most at WR.

The conversation about Manning sounds similar to how things were being said publicly about Spielman and a few others in the past.

That said, there are still reasons, in my opinion, to be pretty excited about this WR group. and the group moving forward. A lot of speed and a lot of good kids, from all accounts. Some of the most positive leaders on the team seem to be in that meeting room, too.

It seems like last year we were really really hoping for a guy to take the top off with a lot of speed and we were not real sure how to get the intermediate passing game going with out it. Relied on so many quick outs that weren't blocked well enough or produced positive yards.

This year, so much more is being said about TE use, a more downhill approach to running the ball, and higher talent levels.

All of this is making me really wonder if our success will be a lot more connected to the ground game, how WR/TE block for each other, and finding ways to hike up the completion rates via intermediate stuff.

They have praised A Brown enough over the summer and into the fall to make us all excited about him. We know what we have in Robinson, so they are going to do whatever they can to keep that guy ready to go in the horseshoe, and then go from there.

Starters:

Robinson
Warner
???? Manning? Betts? Hickman? Faulk?

I would not to worry too much fellas the wide receiver room is stacked with talent and guys that we hope are good. Just wait for it to play out. wasn't there a tweet that showed everyone in the wide receiver was a 4 star recruit.

Sounded to me like he was happy about Adrian, Luke, and Kade Warner. And irritable about everyone else.

Yeah, he did seem irritated, but I hope that is more about guys needing to play through some nicks or just being frustrated that they are nicked up, period. It sounds like they're being more physical and the DBs are bringing it to them as well.
I think that's just going to be on way it is all year and there will be plenty of action for all of the lower unit guys.

I know this season counts and we all want to see Nebraska return to glory, but I think this may be perfect for experienced depth development that we may not get in so-called normal seasons .

I'm sure I'm not saying anything that others haven't said, but I'm saying it anyway. :Biggrin:

Last edited:
The rhetoric Frost is using about Manning specifically and wide receivers in general does not leave me feeling good about that position.
We are basically in the same spot as 2019, meaning that we have very little experience sitting around. The good news is that we have "more inexperience" sitting around with a little bit better talent IMO. So i'm more optimistic. Guys like Warner and Falck can really help, but are they conference title talents? I don't know. Guys like Manning and Robinson for sure are, but can we keep them on the field?

If this staff doesn't make this season a referendum on our offensive line and running game, we aren't going to be much better than last year. I don't trust our tight ends or our WRs heading into the season and that's not a spot you want to be in. Scheme accordingly.

If this staff doesn't make this season a referendum on our offensive line and running game, we aren't going to be much better than last year. I don't trust our tight ends or our WRs heading into the season and that's not a spot you want to be in. Scheme accordingly.
We will. Martinez will run more and Austin will have us in a more north/south attack that plays to the strengths of our OL and Mills.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back