• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Read from the elite. Not much good

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
Was reading tidefans seeing how they might like OU and Texas. Came across this article on Bill Moos. Convo quickly goes to Nebraska in general. Well, wasn’t much good to be read. Pretty somber. Nebraska has a lot of work to do.

Last edited:

ouch, "Nebraska is the printed newspaper of college football. Once a big deal but never coming back."

Blah blah blah... A lot of the pot calling the kettle black. And obviously the comments are from people who know nothing about what's been going on at NU.

Some people have no concept of the cyclical nature of sports. Of course, the SEC is trying to give themselves all the advantages for eternal dominance.

It will just make victory so much sweeter.

Why should I care what insults half-informed fans of other conferences say about Nebraska? There’s no special insight there, just talking out of relative ignorance. It would be like us opining what’s wrong in Tennessee.
You don’t have to care. I don’t. I did find it interesting. Some of it was true. Some of it wasn’t. Some of it was pretty harsh. I thought I’d share it. Simple.

Alabama fans have earned the right to be a little cocky, but Saban isn't a spring chicken. I suspect - much like Nebraska - that Alabama will soon discover what happens when a legendary coach retires.
Most definitely. There is no where to go but down. He’s close to 70, but he’s ruthless, so I could see him going 5-7 more. Much like Osborne did, he has the recipe. Few do. He still looks like he’s healthy, so I guess as long at that holds up....

Alabama fans have earned the right to be a little cocky, but Saban isn't a spring chicken. I suspect - much like Nebraska - that Alabama will soon discover what happens when a legendary coach retires.

I sure hope you’re correct but I’d like to point out that OSU hasn't missed a beat since Meyer retired and Day took the helm. Besides that Bama would be a dream job for ANY Coach. I only reference Ohio State as they are much more similar to Alabama than Nebraska is or was after Dr Tom retired. All those schools have to do is walk out their door and they’re stumbling over 5* recruits. I hope that after the Saban era comes to an end that Bama Fan gets humbled, they’re long overdue!

Urban Meyer : 82-9

Ryan Day: 23-2

I sure hope you’re correct but I’d like to point out that OSU hasn't missed a beat since Meyer retired and Day took the helm. Besides that Bama would be a dream job for ANY Coach. I only reference Ohio State as they are much more similar to Alabama than Nebraska is or was after Dr Tom retired. All those schools have to do is walk out their door and they’re stumbling over 5* recruits. I hope that after the Saban era comes to an end that Bama Fan gets humbled, they’re long overdue!

Urban Meyer : 82-9

Ryan Day: 23-2
Actually Bama could be a nightmare job like it was after the Bear retired! Same for Nebraska for FS when TO retired because the new coach is always compared to the living legend they replaced. Of course if the new coach can keep winning, winning and more winning then it's a dream job. That might be a tall order for a new Bama coach in the SEC.

Actually Bama could be a nightmare job like it was after the Bear retired! Same for Nebraska for FS when TO retired because the new coach is always compared to the living legend they replaced. Of course if the new coach can keep winning, winning and more winning then it's a dream job. That might be a tall order for a new Bama coach in the SEC.
Absolutely, rarely do you see a legend follow a legend such as Devaney/ Osborne. Here’s to a “Ray Perkins“ type replacing Saban!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back