• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rahmir Johnson

Based on this I would think so. Easier as you know to blend in than a lineman

Rahmir told HuskerOnline last week that he is up to 180 lbs. He is listed as 5'10''. At that height, how much more weight would the coaches want him go gain - if any?

Rahmir told HuskerOnline last week that he is up to 180 lbs. He is listed as 5'10''. At that height, how much more weight would the coaches want him go gain - if any?
He will put on weight almost instantly when they get him on the training table. 18-22 year olds can do push ups and sit ups and if they eat right will get pretty stacked.

First year is usually about playing with your weight to see what you can handle. Rahmirs speed is his best attribute, whatever we can do to keep that.

Probably will need at least one true freshman for 2019. Issue is going to be getting Robinson touches as promised, so may error to getting him some RB reps.

Lets hope Wandale is 100% healthy! Don't want that hammy lingering into the season. He should have plenty of time to heal, eh?

Ya, we’ve been off the past few weeks, and it was more soreness than an actual pull from what I’ve been told as he practiced from time to time. But something popping up that often is certainly something to keep an eye on.

He was durable in high school, hopefully that will continue...

Fresh off an incredible high school career at Western Hills — including 130 touchdowns in 44 games

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_863240ff-f7eb-5478-bf00-5dddabcc2648.html

I still remember my coach coming with the “you track guys! One little sore muscle and you can’t fight thru it!” But when you rely on your speed, or in Wandales case his quick twitch muscles or his suddenness, a minor strain can really limit you. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence a new weight program has kids a little wide-eyed. How we do things is no joke. Lots of kids would start tapering off workouts during game week or on practice days where we don’t do that, certainly not in the spring.

It’s all a bit new. As long as we don’t have Hickman/Henrich injuries that really stunt development, things should be ok.

I still remember my coach coming with the “you track guys! One little sore muscle and you can’t fight thru it!” But when you rely on your speed, or in Wandales case his quick twitch muscles or his suddenness, a minor strain can really limit you. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence a new weight program has kids a little wide-eyed. How we do things is no joke. Lots of kids would start tapering off workouts during game week or on practice days where we don’t do that, certainly not in the spring.

It’s all a bit new. As long as we don’t have Hickman/Henrich injuries that really stunt development, things should be ok.

It SEEMS like our training injuries have been more upper body than lower - but I'm limited to information I get from the media, so the sampling may not be complete.

It SEEMS like our training injuries have been more upper body than lower - but I'm limited to information I get from the media, so the sampling may not be complete.
Knees and Shoulders. Tho the shoulders are what’s seeming to stick around for 2019. I’m not completely off the Jammer train, but when there’s a lifting machine that is a lift over the head that is a one size fits all design, it doesn’t shock me things like this are happening (among other reasons).

He will put on weight almost instantly when they get him on the training table. 18-22 year olds can do push ups and sit ups and if they eat right will get pretty stacked.

First year is usually about playing with your weight to see what you can handle. Rahmirs speed is his best attribute, whatever we can do to keep that.
Apparently I need a Nutritionist. I would have bolded it but don't know how to.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back