• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Race for the final four...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Mixon, Johnson, and Sayles. :thumbsup:

But, in all likelihood, it will be Mixon, Veii, and Scott. :(

That wouldn't be a bad way to finish. Do you guys think Moore moves to D in the spring. Sounds like TJ really wants him. Maybe that's why he is working so hard to get Beck another receiver.

McWilson's flip to Kentucky might make Alonzo Moore needed on defense more.

For me the biggest disappointment of all was losing McWilson to Kentucky. That's going to leave a sour taste in my mouth for a while. No doubt he'll be regretting it next year when the Wildcats are getting skulldragged each week.

+1 although I think having Dan Samuelson in this class woulda been nice too.

When Moore gets the ball in his hands it's like he turns into "Prime Time" :woohoo:

Deion played defense ;)

Seriously though, I think you make the exact point as to why IMPO he should be moved to defense. Nebraska lacked a playmaker on defense this past year and they certainly didnt/dont lack any on offense. I would put him on defense since the Huskers are lacking guys like him over there...at least proven guys.

Really a no-lose situation though because like you said, the kid is a stud.

Deion played defense ;)

Seriously though, I think you make the exact point as to why IMPO he should be moved to defense. Nebraska lacked a playmaker on defense this past year and they certainly didnt/dont lack any on offense. I would put him on defense since the Huskers are lacking guys like him over there...at least proven guys.

Really a no-lose situation though because like you said, the kid is a stud.

He is just such a threat on offense, I'd hate to see him moved.

If he is moved, I hope they at least let him do punt and kickoff returns....

At what point in time can Braylon Heard and Nick Ash's schollys be distributed? When school starts again in the fall or the year after?

At what point in time can Braylon Heard and Nick Ash's schollys be distributed? When school starts again in the fall or the year after?

Heard is still on scholarship until we hear something official that contradicts that...possibly on NSD? I am assuming the staff meets with him this weekend, since they've been on the road pretty much non-stop, and he either stays or requests a release. He started the semester, so he either finishes the semester or if he is released now, he'd either have to pay for school or quit, I'd guess.

Ash's would have been available immediately, I assume, since he graduated. I'm not 100% certain how they restrict it, but if you are at 85 and a guy leaves, fall camp, you cant go out and recruit a new player or accept a transfer to fill his slot until the next term. You can however award that schollie to a walk on that is already on the team right away, as long as you are at or under 85. That protects players from getting dropped for a 'better' player in the same term. At this point you have several open with the seniors exhausting availability, so it doesn't matter.

so, if Heard does decide to leave now, his scholarship could go to a current player now, or an incoming player for the fall term. Again, all it affects is the total number of scholarships available.

If we max out at 28, we have to find 2 scholarships through normal attrition before fall arrivals. If Heard leaves, just 1. If we only take 26 (or 27 w/ Heard out), then any further attrition would leave open scholarships to fill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back