• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quincy to TE next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This talk is ludicrous! Second best wr on the team and we want to move him. Sure he is a big boy, but you know what so is Megatron and he's not a TE. Just sayin.

I don't think that is as crazy as you think. Niles Paul moved to Tight End at the NFL level, Shannon Sharpe was about the same size as Niles Paul.. So why the heck not. With Westercamp coming into the WR Corp next year, it makes perfect sense.

I don't think that is as crazy as you think. Niles Paul moved to Tight End at the NFL level, Shannon Sharpe was about the same size as Niles Paul.. So why the heck not. With Westercamp coming into the WR Corp next year, it makes perfect sense.

To each their own. Do I think he could possibly flourish as a te? Maybe. As I said, I just dont see taking away our second best wr for a freshmen wr. And if we do get Beau Sandland, then I would hope there is no chance in hades he switches. Westerkamp is a stud, but on the collegiate level he hasnt proven a thing yet obviously. QE is a great compliment to Kenny Bell and likewise. You key on one, the other is gonna beat you. Bad.

This isn't crazy at all, don't some of you remember the two players NU moved from reciever to TE in the '90's? Eric Alford was one, and I can't remember the other (I think Frazier hit him with the pass to set up the failed FG attempt vs FSU in the 93 Orange Bowl)

IMO moving him to TE would be a big mistake at this point in his career as he has little time to grow into and learn the position. I also think Q is a great compliment to KB or JT. He's a bigger and more physical WR that can give DB's fits.

QE is a receiver, and hes a dang good one. No reason at all to move him to TE. If he was a freshman, maybe, only to give him the time to learn the position, blocking schemes etc. But just because hes a big powerful receiver doesnt mean hed be good at TE. Running routes sure, hed excel, but putting him one on one against a quality DE, Im sorry, QE is a beast blocking on the secondary but theres no guarantee hed be good at blocking a quality DE. I think his career in the NFL, if he gets the opportunity, is at WR.

Didn't Quincy come into Lincoln at 190-200 lbs. He put on like 20 lbs to play the way he's playing currently. He is a mismatch because of the size he is at his position combined with his speed. Similar to McNeil. If you move him to TE, that advantage is gone, or if anything he is at a disadvantage as he would be able to consistently block a player whom has 40+ lbs on him. He would only be put in for passing situations. I can't imagine he would add on 20+ more lbs and keep his speed. And he isn't a "burner" currently. Moving him to TE, you are asking him to do something unnatural to his nature, thus putting him at a disadvantage.

It's not the same case as Niles Paul, who came to Lincoln at 210 lbs running a 4.4 in the 40 vs Quincy Eunuwa at 195 lbs running a 4.64.
And it's not comparable to Mike McNeill who came to Lincoln at 215 lbs came in benching 280 and squatting 450 but running a 4.6.

In other words, keep him where he is because that's where he is effective. You don't try to fix what's not broken. We made the mistake with Mike a few seasons back.

Niles Paul is now a Tight End for Washington.

... what? We all knew that and it was said in the original post.

Q is a good potentially great WR for us now. So why would we move him his senior year? In our offense TEs don't get much work. Do you really one to see one of our most talented ball catchers go an under utilized position? We can develop good role TEs (like we did with Cotton, Long, etc.).

And why was Paul moved to TE? Because he wasnt a great WR at the next level. Just because Q might one day play TE in the league doesn't mean we should diminish his role his senior season when he could have 600+ yards.

I think Q is fine where he's at. We run a ton of 3 wide and I love the Q, Kenny, and Jamal look. That's a tough cover for any team and their skill sets compliment each other perfectly. Not to say Quincy couldn't make the move to TE but I don't think we should fix something that not only isn't broke, but seems to be firing on all cylinders.

I think Q is fine where he's at. We run a ton of 3 wide and I love the Q, Kenny, and Jamal look. That's a tough cover for any team and their skill sets compliment each other perfectly. Not to say Quincy couldn't make the move to TE but I don't think we should fix something that not only isn't broke, but seems to be firing on all cylinders.

Neither does the staff and I agree. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back