• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quiet Period is today/Dead Period tommorrow through 7 Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI....starting today through Thursday....

Quiet Period — Recruits can visit with college coaches but only at those college campuses. Also, during the month of September, October or November coaches are permitted to make one in-person off-campus visit to a recruit (at their high schools or at an athletic event) (colleges are allowed a total of 42 days of evaluation time during this period).
Dead Period — Coaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.

http://www.hithighlights.com/NCAA_Football_Recruiting_Calandar.php

Keep in mind too that recruits do not have to sign on 6 Feb....that is just the first day they can.....

Thanks for posting RR. We should keep in mind these rules when the Twitter rumor mills begins to spin over the next few days. So at this point an undecided recruit will need to rely soley on his personal judgment to determine the best fit. No one within a University or coaches will be able to provide info to persuade the recruit's decision making?

Last edited:
Correct...

Thanks for posting RR. We should keep in mind these rules when the Twitter rumor mills begins to spin over the next few days. So at this point an undecided recruit will need to rely soley on his personal judgment to determine the best fit. No one within a University or coaches will be able to provide info to persuade the recruit's decision making?

I have a hunch "the Rock" has been waiting for this. He seems to be a little unsure of himself and not wanting to disappoint either coaching staff. Now he can pick whichever school and not hear from the other staff. He's pushed back his decision again and again, just got a feeling he was waiting to hide behind the "dead period"

its been happening more and more with the very top guys. They can milk it even longer. ESPN will talk about them more on MSD if they don't pick a school that day. Unfortunately thats how a lot of the primadonna topend guys think

I have a hunch "the Rock" has been waiting for this. He seems to be a little unsure of himself and not wanting to disappoint either coaching staff. Now he can pick whichever school and not hear from the other staff. He's pushed back his decision again and again, just got a feeling he was waiting to hide behind the "dead period"

That crossed my mind too. May be a good thing for us. Hope springs eternal.

Very rare they don't....Pryor comes to mind....

We had a running back back in mid 80s who signed a month or so after signing date. Right now his name escapes me he had a decent career with us. However, what I remember most is we ahead of Florida State in a bowl game and driving for another score and this back fumbled on the one or two yard line.

We had a running back back in mid 80s who signed a month or so after signing date. Right now his name escapes me he had a decent career with us. However, what I remember most is we ahead of Florida State in a bowl game and driving for another score and this back fumbled on the one or two yard line.

tyrese knox

I'm will be heading to St. Louis for the next couple of days, so I guess this will be my dead time also, maybe....;). My son will have his iPad so I may just sneak on the board from time to time just to see if anything interesting pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back