• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quanzell Lambert - Nebraska v. Iowa Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Callahan was saying he is still in the picture on BRWU??

He had a great in-home visit with Bo and said it may have been the icing on the cake!!!

He has dropped Alabama and Oklahoma.

Still in with Iowa, Northwest, Rutgers and us

With the new rules about to take effect in the SEC things are changing....
I was joking, of course, but isn't the new SEC rule just an oversigning limit? The real advantage Alabama (and LSU?) has is their willingness to run off scholarship players who haven't cracked the two-deep by the end of their second year. That's like getting a mulligan. Signing 25 every year is the equivalent of an extra recruiting class every four years.

Last edited:
Yes that is true....

I was joking, of course, but isn't the new SEC rule just an oversigning limit? The real advantage Alabama (and LSU?) has is their willingness to run off scholarship players who haven't cracked the two-deep by the end of their second year. That's like getting a mulligan. Signing 25 every year is the equivalent of an extra recruiting class every four years.

Which in reality takes those schools back to the unlimited scholarship days when the big boys would bring players on board sometimes just to keep them away from the enemy. If the NCAA evens the playing field I'd bet the SEC comes back to the pack pretty quick. There's a lot of talent in the SE but if the oversigning is curtailed then the talent spreads out among the entire field of teams and you don't get super talent stacked at 2 schools year after year. I always wonder why none of the CF talking heads never bring up the SEC advantage they have with low academic standards and oversigning.

Last edited:
I always wonder why none of the CF talking heads never bring up the SEC advantage they have with low academic standards and oversigning.

They are partners and have a contract with them. In other words, $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back