• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quanzell Lambert comments on head coaching change: Update: Will contact other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

In house doesn't mean much when GS might take some with him and new coach might clean house. if GS leaves the ripples and waves will take time to settle out.

I would guess that the chances of an in house promotion would be high with the timing of it. Thoughts?

Well, I'm guessing the HC may take a couple guys with him as he moves on, but I don't know a whole lot about the staff as far as to who would be the most eligible candidates for replacing him.

I'm also thinking if he waits it might not be a bad thing for us. What if one of our "expected" recruits pulls a fast one on us and signs with someone else last minute on NSD. There's that opening for Q that he was waiting on. Hope we sign everyone we expect to sign but it doesn't always work that way.

I'm also thinking if he waits it might not be a bad thing for us. What if one of our "expected" recruits pulls a fast one on us and signs with someone else last minute on NSD. There's that opening for Q that he was waiting on. Hope we sign everyone we expect to sign but it doesn't always work that way.

Interesting thought. There tend to be some surprises on NSD; some good and some bad.

Also the possibility of a at least one NQ...or a somewhat shakey test score that might influence the numbers.

See that's the great thing about the kids this staff goes after, they not only recruit the talent, but they recruit the character. Usually when you find a kid with respectable character, you see respectable and classy parents. Most of these kids and their parents have been quoted as liking the fact that our staff is upfront about the whole process. I would think that they appreciate it because they are the same way.

See that's the great thing about the kids this staff goes after, they not only recruit the talent, but they recruit the character. Usually when you find a kid with respectable character, you see respectable and classy parents. Most of these kids and their parents have been quoted as liking the fact that our staff is upfront about the whole process. I would think that they appreciate it because they are the same way.

Think about all pluses a kid like Rex brings to the program, beyond just being an exceptional player. He's a role model for other players and draws the attention of like minded potential recruits, just for starters.

In house doesn't mean much when GS might take some with him and new coach might clean house. if GS leaves the ripples and waves will take time to settle out.

Well, I'm guessing the HC may take a couple guys with him as he moves on, but I don't know a whole lot about the staff as far as to who would be the most eligible candidates for replacing him.

In this situation I don't see a lot of assistants go with him unless they have had NFL experience. GS will need experienced assistants at Tampa to help him make the transition. Who knows for sure, I guess we will find out soon enough.

In this situation I don't see a lot of assistants go with him unless they have had NFL experience. GS will need experienced assistants at Tampa to help him make the transition. Who knows for sure, I guess we will find out soon enough.

Schiano is the last NFL coach hired so he has a smaller pool to choose his assistants from. I like him as a coach and think he can be successful, but he will need a good staff or he will struggle. Who he gets as coordinators will be important.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back