• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked QBs wearing gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
Both Tommy Armstrong and Ron Kellogg were wearing gloves in Happy Valley, and they seemed to have a hard time getting a good grip on the ball. Did it look that way to anyone else?

Anyway, it's going to be chilly again for Friday's game, but not quite as bad. Right now, it appears we're looking at high temps right around 40 degrees with plenty of sun. With an 11am kickoff, expect cooler temps for most of the game. If the wind isn't a big factor, can the QBs gut it out without wearing gloves? It's got to be difficult to make that change after not wearing them all season...

QBs are divas, those are more for fashon than function....that and their precious hands are cold......... :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

Not to mention the fashion faux pas of wearing the hand warmer that you actually put your hands in, that looks like a fanny pack..... :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

RKIII was 20 for 34 and 191 yards on a miserably cold and windy day. On top of that he had a number of catchable balls dropped.

I don't care what he wears on his hands if he can perform at that level.

Both Tommy Armstrong and Ron Kellogg were wearing gloves in Happy Valley, and they seemed to have a hard time getting a good grip on the ball. Did it look that way to anyone else?

Anyway, it's going to be chilly again for Friday's game, but not quite as bad. Right now, it appears we're looking at high temps right around 40 degrees with plenty of sun. With an 11am kickoff, expect cooler temps for most of the game. If the wind isn't a big factor, can the QBs gut it out without wearing gloves? It's got to be difficult to make that change after not wearing them all season...

If they didn't help or work I doubt NFL QB's would be wearing them. Last night both Brady and Manning were wearing them... I'd say you got 2 of the top QB's in the league wearing gloves they have to help them hang onto the ball. I suppose when it gets cold enough it's going to be a problem whatever they are trying to do!!

If they didn't help or work I doubt NFL QB's would be wearing them. Last night both Brady and Manning were wearing them... I'd say you got 2 of the top QB's in the league wearing gloves they have to help them hang onto the ball. I suppose when it gets cold enough it's going to be a problem whatever they are trying to do!!

I'm not suggesting that no QB can ever use them, but I would imagine that it differs from player to player for a variety of reasons - hand size, familiarity, comfort, etc.

Speaking of fashion faux pas....what's the deal with those black and red striped leggings some of them are wearing on their arms?

I would venture a guess and say the old crap ball and the gloves are not a good mixture. Even PSU fumbled our crap ball on a kickoff, it popped right out.

I'm not suggesting that no QB can ever use them, but I would imagine that it differs from player to player for a variety of reasons - hand size, familiarity, comfort, etc.

Not all QBs wear them doing the game. So yea, it differs. I'm guessing those QBs whom are comfortable using them are the ones who wear them. I can't see anyone forcing RK3 or TA to wear them if they can't function with them comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back