• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB William "Pop" Watson Flips To VA Tech

I am seeing a lot about peer recruiting, truth is while the fans care about the “ratings” the players know who can play, it’s more about relationships, the friendships that develop, at camps, texts, on visits, etc. Where I’m going with this is how do they respond to the peer recruiter, Through video games, outdoor activity, or certain things that’s happened, the relationship is way more important than anything else in peer recruiting.

What does this do to our QB recruiting for next year? Do we shut it down, keep aggressively pursuing a second QB for the class, or just keep the door open to potentially taking a 2nd QB in the class once we see how the QB room looks this season?
I would think because of Transfer Portal, recruiting for solid QB's is probably always going to be on the radar every year. Just never know who washes out (injuries or skill) and/or who may transfer out.

I am seeing a lot about peer recruiting, truth is while the fans care about the “ratings” the players know who can play, it’s more about relationships, the friendships that develop, at camps, texts, on visits, etc. Where I’m going with this is how do they respond to the peer recruiter, Through video games, outdoor activity, or certain things that’s happened, the relationship is way more important than anything else in peer recruiting.

Well said

Like the relationship he built Whipple from sixth grade on

I think he likely will have to show hes a leader without some 5 star appeal preceding him.
I think his contacts will be looking at his progress/abilities but wanting to play with him vs be around a 5 star

Really liked his and his pops interviews. Seem like really good dudes. We know we can always have more of those on the team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back