• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Alex Manske Commits To Iowa State

It's very clear they are targeting QBs with adequate athleticism as opposed to athletes trying to be QBs (which has been a decade's-long experiment. I'll take the former every day of the week. You'd think with what we've seen this year that targeting guys like Manske and Kaelen would be a sight for sore eyes.

You don't have to have a "run first" QB to be successful.
Totally amen. Can't agree more. Love our 24 QB. Hope we reel in this dude for 25. Now forreals we need to get some stud RBs. That's who should be toting the rock

The same staff that hand selected Sims as their first qb?

Talent evaluation, both by coaches and recruiting services can be a crapshoot. (see also NFL talent evaluation).

2020:
1699283334246.png

1699283393290.png

2021:
1699283140631.png
1699283190295.png

Last edited:

Certainly helps that one of his other top suitors just fired their OC and whose HC might retire at the end of the season.
With him being a 2025 I dont think that helps us at all. I think a new HC who is offensive minded with a decent OC puts Iowa in a better position then they are now.

With him being a 2025 I dont think that helps us at all. I think a new HC who is offensive minded with a decent OC puts Iowa in a better position then they are now.

Iowa has to be a harder job than we have, right? Even if Ferentz stays and they hire a better OC, I can't imagine that'll be an easy job to take over once he retires.

Iowa has to be a harder job than we have, right? Even if Ferentz stays and they hire a better OC, I can't imagine that'll be an easy job to take over once he retires.
The only heir apparent at Iowa are their DC and STs coaches. The ST coach has very little background, think B Busch with much much less overall coaching experience and their DC who has benefitted by iowas poor ground and pound, TE is number one target approach.

Neither inspire a great OC hire, and a total staff flip doesn't seem that inspirational to a great kid being recruited for over at least a year by us as any kind of flip.
Expect Manske to commit early spring, not much time even if major changes are made.

i would break out the sony vhs player, still got it......

I've still got one. I'm just afraid to put a tape in it.

I'm assuming forty year old video tape chemically reacts to the environment and I now have around 100 VHS tapes that are really nothing more than hockey pucks inside a display case.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back