• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdy's Interception

Run the ball and eliminate the chance. Horrible coaching
I don’t necessarily disagree but I would have liked to see a jet sweep or maybe even try a reverse or som a little tricky then just the same play we kept running all game. At least for one of the downs.

I don’t necessarily disagree but I would have liked to see a jet sweep or maybe even try a reverse or som a little tricky then just the same play we kept running all game. At least for one of the downs.
Yeah anything but a risky pass that if it fails, will very likely cost you the game.

Not interested in debating run versus pass. That is covered ad nauseum in "Awful Play Calling."

I am interested in QB performance. Another topic always on here but no often with Purdy other than "put him in."

I don't think the interception is on Purdy. Wondered if others saw the same.

Last edited:
Saw and had the same thoughts you did and stated so in another thread. But I can definitely agree that in that situation you really just needed the 3 points. Reminded me of Sims INT at Minnesota at end of 1st half. Just have to make sure and come away with at least 3.

I recall seeing a pass that had two receivers in the area and neither looked like the intended target. That's a bad throw that can't be made there. Wait for one of them to work themselves wide open or just throw it away.

Not interested in debating run versus pass. That is covered ad nauseum in "Awful Play Calling."

I am interested in QB performance. Another topic always on here but no often with Purdy other than "put him in."

I don't think the interception is on Purdy. Wondered if others saw the same.
No. Was at the game. Call 2 runs and kick the fing field goal!

Watching it later, it is hard to tell but was Coleman the intended receiver? Last look I saw, it looked like he let it pass as if he thought it was for someone else. Not sure if it was the throw, but if Coleman caught it, he could have walked in for a touchdown.
It looked like Coleman stopped running when he saw Kemp flash by him, if Coleman keeps running the ball hits him in the stomach, TD. Somebody ran the wrong depth on their route or wrong route period though. It is hard to tell what they were trying to do.

It looks like was thrown behind him. The play was there. OC needs to realize even though the play is or should be there, we don’t have a reliable QB at all. This is a good (not even great) QB from being a really good team.
From what Rhule said at the press conference it sounded like the pass was suppose to be to the back corner of the end zone where your guy has a shot or it's out the back of the endzone. that pass wasn't close to the corner, not sure why.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back