• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdy N!

The sky is falling crowd is not gonna like this...again...seems like I have said that several times this week
Umm....5 losing seasons in a row and currently on a six game losing skid = the sky already fell...like a giant meteorite.

Now the Big Red Dirigible needs to get off the ground and take flight again.

Hopefully the staff and player personnel changes will get us going in that direction.

Why do you feel the need to keep saying this?

Again, I highly doubt those who are more skeptical of Frost than you (which is the majority) are upset with Purdy coming to Lincoln. On the contrary, that's a great get -- and I confess that I didn't think he'd be a Husker. GBR!

I hope you reel it back in and focus more on the team than fans you disagree with. We are all Husker fans after all.

Because the door swings both ways. Some people here who liked our coaching upgrades (and don't feel the need to disparage them) and felt pretty decently we had a more than decent shot at BOTH Thompson and Purdy are weary of the gloom and doom. It is almost like you think we are not tired of the losing. Frost and his staff have closed on more than a few players that can actually help us as well as improved the coaching staff noticeably all in the last month. I keep seeing the same "but but but" or "Frost does not develop players" or "Frost is not the CEO type." He has gotten the job done. They are not coming to Lincoln for the scenery. I STILL am seeing people cracking on the adds (not you lately FWIW).

tHe sKy iS fAlLiNg cRowD iSnT gOiNg tO lIkE tHis.

I came to this thread to express my excitement and couldn't even make it half a page before seeing head ass stuff like this. For the 9,987,773rd time, no NU fan is rooting for Nebraska to lose. Don't be a simpleton.

me-too.gif

Not gonna name names. But some remind me of the posts at the end of Pelini's, Callahan's and Riley's tenure. Like if we whine enough they will fire them quicker.

Two out of three will be portal transfers .... Smothers, Torres and Haarberg. Mostly likely, Logan.

Last edited:
I am excited for Purdy if only because it means for this upcoming season we will have 5 or 6 guys in the QB room that want to play and no more favorites or promises to honor. (I still maintain Adrian was the best but the lack of accountability was a problem).

I like Purdy's athleticism and with 4 years of eligibility left... he can wait a year and not bail like so many QBs are doing nowadays.

I hope Smothers and Pauley stay if they are beaten out in the Spring or find themselves buried on the depth chart... both are tremendous athletes who can probably switch positions and add some good value to the team.

It's important to keep this in mind...
Casey Thompson is already 23 years old and next year will be his fifth college season.
It's very likely that he's only here for one season to get tutelage under Whipple before opting for the NFL.
So landing Purdy is LARGE for the future as he will have a full year to prepare for 2023.
At the same time, unlike 2021, we will also have a very capable backup should CT get injured.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back