• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue @ NU 8:06 (CT) Tonight

Shields a great night. We may have found another sparkplug player in Tyrance. Other than that, pretty mediocre effort tonight. You cannot leave that much on the floor. You cannot miss that many 5 footers all night long. You can't let the other team drive to the bucket for periods at a time.

The comeback and the effort was solid. But you have to play better than that. The first 25 minutes of this game, we absolutely stunk it up.

Then, every timeout Purdue would get a quick score and we would take a quick bad shot.

Ballgame.

Inside, we have got to be braver. Too many timid shots. This is a game these guys are going to look back and regret they let get away.

6-22 for the dynamic duo.

In big 10 play Talley is shooting 31% and 23% from 3. Putting up 14 shots a game to average 12.

Gallegos is shooting 31% and 21% from three. He's shooting nearly 10 3s a game hitting 2.

I understand NU is offensively challenged. And by appearance these two LOOK to have the skills of actual basketball players. They run and jump and move like basketball players. But they shoot like sumo wrestlers. Gallegos needs to simply be forbidden from shooting threes for a while. 16 in one game and 15 in another for a guy who can't hit the shot...

Last edited:
6-22 for the dynamic duo.

In big 10 play Talley is shooting 31% and 23% from 3. Putting up 14 shots a game to average 12.

Gallegos is shooting 31% and 21% from three. He's shooting nearly 10 3s a game hitting 2.

I understand NU is offensively challenged. And by appearance these two LOOK to have the skills of actual basketball players. They run and jump and move like basketball players. But they shoot like sumo wrestlers. Gallegos needs to simply be forbidden from shooting threes for a while. 16 in one game and 15 in another for a guy who can't hit the shot...

Bottom line is that there is nobody else even capable of taking shots. Tonight, everyone other than Shields was stone cold and Shields drew a crowd after a while. And a lot of his points came on the offensive glass anyway.

Somebody has got to shoot. Or we punt a lot.

Meanwhile, our Freshman PG is a shrinking violet and Talley has to handle PG duties which stretches him even farther. It is a rough go. Quite frankly, I am all for anybody taking an open shot . . . hot, cold, or otherwise. There simply aren't any options.

Bottom line is that there is nobody else even capable of taking shots. Tonight, everyone other than Shields was stone cold and Shields drew a crowd after a while. And a lot of his points came on the offensive glass anyway.

Somebody has got to shoot. Or we punt a lot.

Meanwhile, our Freshman PG is a shrinking violet and Talley has to handle PG duties which stretches him even farther. It is a rough go. Quite frankly, I am all for anybody taking an open shot . . . hot, cold, or otherwise. There simply aren't any options.

Yeah, I know...

Do these guys practice shooting outside regular practice? McDermott told his shooters he wanted them getting up an extra 200 shots a day earlier in the season...if you are going to hoist up 10 threes a game you better be pumping up a couple hundred a day.

I loved Miles comments after the game. I thought they were right on. Called his players mentally weak as opposed to mentally tired. They just didn't compete tonight. He said that you are in trouble when a Freshman and a walk-on are the guys leading your team. Praised Tyrance not only for tonight but the Michigan State game as well. Said Tyrance has earned more minutes. Said they players were going to get tomorrow off but now are going to go so hard, "like crazy." He's not interested in excuses or if his players are tired. If you have a chance to read, I think it was spot on. I don't think I am doing it justice. I love that he called his last timeout to challenge his team to look around and see what was going on, "See the people leaving?" Ask them why this was happening, why they weren't ready to play. Also said that he refuses to believe his team couldn't have won tonight. Great stuff.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back