• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pulse Check - Is Husker Life is better?

dallasblackshirt

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
The last five years were very difficult for me as a husker fan. With MR we hired an average coach and got an average coach which is not what the expectations were. SF arrives and I along with about every one else had hope and big expectations. Obviously, those expectations were crushed by on field performance and was compounded by SF's lack of effort / commitment to success.

With MR's arrival there was hope but would he recruit well, act as a CEO, have a strategy to rejuvenate the husker program, develop players and most importantly field a team that could compete for a B10 championship

In my mind he has clearly demonstrated he can recruit, has a strategy and operates as a CEO. That's three things SF never did.

We need to see that MR can develop players and field really good teams but there is reason to believe he can based on his past history.

MR is the closest HC from a values, fundamentals, and discipline perspective that we have had since TO and it is not close.

I'm very excited for spring ball and seeing guys compete instead of SF sissy ball. GBR

I would agree that MR is the closest to TO we've had....loved Pelini too, he was great in his own way. MR won't let the fish bowl of NU swallow him up and will remain solid and win. When the biggest concern of a previous fan base is 'we hit or tackle too much in non game situations' then I think NU will benefit greatly and love MR.

Last edited:

I'm trying to keep my enthusiasm in check and only parcel it out as achievements are actually made. He did a good job on recruiting. But now I don't want to wake up hungover and feeling debauched from a kool-aid binge only to find I got snookered again.

I didn't start with a lot of dignity so I'm trying to hang on to the little I've got left.

Last edited:
I'm very excited for spring ball and seeing guys compete instead of SF sissy ball. GBR
Spring game=glorified scrimmage. "mshrug:

The main thing, countdown .... 209 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes ! (Huskers at Rodents)

9FgpNGN.png

I'm trying to keep my enthusiasm in check and only parcel it out as achievements are actually made. He did a good job on recruiting. But now I don't want to wake up hungover and feeling debauched from a kool-aid binge only to find I got snookered again.

I didn't start with a lot of dignity so I'm trying to hang on to the little I've got left.
Brown in the back yellow in the front

With the number of guys competing for scholarships this year, and some of the stuff Rhule has said, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something resembling an actual game in April.
I agree with you and yet there is a little bit of a sideview. Nobody gets cut in their first year so we have 40 new guys taking up 40 scholarships. That leaves about 65 guys who had scholarships last year competing for 45 open scholarships. If I was here last year I’d be taking notice.

The last five years were very difficult for me as a husker fan. With MR we hired an average coach and got an average coach which is not what the expectations were. SF arrives and I along with about every one else had hope and big expectations. Obviously, those expectations were crushed by on field performance and was compounded by SF's lack of effort / commitment to success.

With MR's arrival there was hope but would he recruit well, act as a CEO, have a strategy to rejuvenate the husker program, develop players and most importantly field a team that could compete for a B10 championship

In my mind he has clearly demonstrated he can recruit, has a strategy and operates as a CEO. That's three things SF never did.

We need to see that MR can develop players and field really good teams but there is reason to believe he can based on his past history.

MR is the closest HC from a values, fundamentals, and discipline perspective that we have had since TO and it is not close.

When you have a post with two MRs maybe write one out or do MRiley and MRhule.

Otherwise I think you have correctly tapped into the place most huskers currently sit.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back