• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Psssst; Secret Scrimmage

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
All-Devaney_ph34r.png
Psssst; Huskers @ Wichita State, 10/26/19

PDT (Please Don't Tell :Lol:)

I feel like we're part of a super secret espionage group and can't get the information we need. :Ninja:

Shockers have a pretty active fan base so here's a link to one of their web-sites. BTW, Huskers reportedly came up on the short end of the score, 89-75, and gave up 17 offensive rebounds. Wichita State won 22 games and reached the semi-finals of the NIT last season.

No Box Score has been made available, yet.

Nebraska and Wichita State practiced on Saturday at the Aetna Multi-Purpose Center in a closed scrimmage meant to give both teams a look at a new opponent and lessons with officials and a clock. The teams started by alternating possessions. They worked against full-court and zone defenses before finishing with a 40-minute scrimmage, won by Wichita State 89-75.

Wichita State junior forward Trey Wade showed off a variety of skills, just as Marshall has seen in practices. Wade, a 6-foot-6 transfer from South Plains (Texas) College scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in 17 minutes. He made 6 of 10 shots and all six of his free throws.

Last edited:
With Nebrasketball's normal desire to have the worst day in the Athletic Department, I was expecting injuries or worse. Hope the loss is the worst thing that happened.

EDIT: Nice to see Poor-Bear Chandler having success against Nebraska. :Sarcasm:

Last edited:

Here is some more information from the UNL side.

Cam Mack had 17 points to lead three Huskers in double figures........... Mack also led the Huskers in rebounds (six) and assists (six), while Matej Kavas and Jervay Green added 15 and 14 points, respectively. Kavas went 5-of-8 from 3-point range and Green chipped in a pair of 3-pointers in the loss. Wichita out-rebounded the Huskers 51-36.

“It was a great opportunity for us to play a big, strong, physical team like Wichita State,” Nebraska Coach Fred Hoiberg said. “I thought we had some good moments, and also had some things we that we can certainly learn from today.”

The Huskers also overcame a slow start, as WSU built a double-figure lead in the first seven minutes, only to see the Huskers climb back into the contest with seven straight points capped by a Kavas 3-pointer.

"I thought we battled back after we got down double-digits early and cut into the lead," Hoiberg said. "When we got out and played with pace, we had really good things happen."

NU trailed 45-35 at half, but were unable to draw closer in the final 20 minutes, as the Shockers size stook over. WSU had 12 of its 17 offensive boards in the final 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Losing to Wichita State, no big deal, but drop that scrimmage to Doane and Hoiberg hits the skids from day uno...

Eye-catching Stat from Husker's Secret Scrimmage vs Wichita State.

I think it's going to be a fun team to watch (Tim ;))

The Huskers had 34 transition points against the Shockers—that’s 45% of the total.
”Run, run, run” appears to be a primary refrain from our coaches.
We kept hearing from recruits we lost out on during the Sadler and Miles eras that playing that type of up-tempo style is what attracted them to the team they committed to, so hopefully that works in our favor going forward.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back