• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PRIME.. what?

The part that sucks is he beat us.

But I still laugh at those who were claiming we should have hired him.
The day of the CU-TCU game I attended a bday gathering for a friend of a friend. A few guys were talking Husker Football and 2 were adamant that NU should have hired Deion. They tore into Trev for being single-focused on getting Rhule and claimed that Nebraska and our fanbase is too racist to allow him to hire Deion. I barely engaged the conversation because of the palpable ignorance on display. My only comment was that our fan base demands character and integrity from its head coach and knows that the program is bigger than any 1 person.

The day of the CU-TCU game I attended a bday gathering for a friend of a friend. A few guys were talking Husker Football and 2 were adamant that NU should have hired Deion. They tore into Trev for being single-focused on getting Rhule and claimed that Nebraska and our fanbase is too racist to allow him to hire Deion. I barely engaged the conversation because of the palpable ignorance on display. My only comment was that our fan base demands character and integrity from its head coach and knows that the program is bigger than any 1 person.
Watching a few takes on the Iowa debacle, where Kirk has basically been Iowa football for decades, two things are very evident. First is his commitment to his job and Iowa, he doesn't change anything though his son has just been end of season terminated.

I see none of this approach coming from Neon, he's blamed where he could, he's named who he likes and some current players know as does the planet their termination is coming as well.

Shameful

The second is Kirk has managed to keep all personal things quiet

Last edited:
IMO here’s an excellent article regarding Prime the phony BIG name coach! Everything is about himself and I said from day 1 he’s building nothing! The sCUm will regret ever hiring this self aggrandizing phony. Soon has his kids are gone so is he..... if he’s not fired sooner!

What really stood out to me in Deion’s comments was his lack of desire, or even recognition of, the need for player development. Seems like he wants other programs to do the development and then pick those players out of the portal. Does not sound sustainable to me.

What really stood out to me in Deion’s comments was his lack of desire, or even recognition of, the need for player development. Seems like he wants other programs to do the development and then pick those players out of the portal. Does not sound sustainable to me.
In college, despite NIL, its not all professional attitudes, its team. They haven't learned enough yet, thats Neons job

Totally agree with these statements. I'm curious how CU will look when they don't have the loose portal rules around a coaching change. Will current players want to burn their "free" portal usage if they fall out of favor with Deion? I expect there will be fewer open spots and potentially more team chemistry issues. He won't be able to clean house smoothly like year one meaning he will need to develop the players he has.

Totally agree with these statements. I'm curious how CU will look when they don't have the loose portal rules around a coaching change. Will current players want to burn their "free" portal usage if they fall out of favor with Deion? I expect there will be fewer open spots and potentially more team chemistry issues. He won't be able to clean house smoothly like year one meaning he will need to develop the players he has.
Like in what Whitlock said in that link, this isnt the same bluffs team thats better, this is a different bluffs team thats better, just not that much better.
Now it comes down to team and fits and a future. Fits seem poor outside of the bluffs passing game, team concept seems to be eroding, and multiplied each time Neon opens his mouth, and many on the team wonder where they stand going forwards, plus limitations due to all those transfers in getting in New blood.

Sounds like you need to seek out a better quality of friend of a friend’s friends.

Apparently Coach Sanders is not going to sit back and let his hand picked OC/playcaller Sean Lewis single-handedly waste his son's talent with poor playcalling:

So now another coach is going to lose his gig 8 games into their first season because Deion is a terrible head coach and now has 2 OC/playcallers... :Facepalm:

Apparently Coach Sanders is not going to sit back and let his hand picked OC/playcaller Sean Lewis single-handedly waste his son's talent with poor playcalling:

So now another coach is going to lose his gig 8 games into their first season because Deion is a terrible head coach and now has 2 OC/playcallers... :Facepalm:
Neons getting that glow to him....

Titanic Deck Chairs.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back