• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Primary Reason Frost Needs To Go

The primary reason is no coach who has had four straight losing seasons has ever had a fifth winning season. Here is the historical record:
-DONU own Bill Jennings five straight losing seasons then fired for the Bobfather
-Joe Avezzano, Oregon state. First 5 years. 0-11, 1-10, 1-9, 2-8-1, 2-9.
-Dave. Kragthorpe, Oregon State. First 6 years. 3-8, 3-8, 2-9, 4-6-1, 4-7-1, 1-10
-Jerry Pettibone. Oregon State. First 6 years. 1-10, 1-9-2, 4-7, 4-7, 1-10, 2-9.

So you can see, giving Frost "another year" is a waste of time, it will waste another recruiting class (currently last in the Big Ten), and just lead to another losing season.

AD TA should go ahead and let Scott go during the bye week, make Chin the interim HC and then get ahead of the crowd looking for a new HC so that a recruiting class might be salvaged ahead of the early signing date in December.

GBR

The primary reason is no coach who has had four straight losing seasons has ever had a fifth winning season. Here is the historical record:
-DONU own Bill Jennings five straight losing seasons then fired for the Bobfather
-Joe Avezzano, Oregon state. First 5 years. 0-11, 1-10, 1-9, 2-8-1, 2-9.
-Dave. Kragthorpe, Oregon State. First 6 years. 3-8, 3-8, 2-9, 4-6-1, 4-7-1, 1-10
-Jerry Pettibone. Oregon State. First 6 years. 1-10, 1-9-2, 4-7, 4-7, 1-10, 2-9.

So you can see, giving Frost "another year" is a waste of time, it will waste another recruiting class (currently last in the Big Ten), and just lead to another losing season.

AD TA should go ahead and let Scott go during the bye week, make Chin the interim HC and then get ahead of the crowd looking for a new HC so that a recruiting class might be salvaged ahead of the early signing date in December.

GBR
I think the chance of Frost getting a second year under Trev Alberts is 95-100%.

The idea that you could preserve a recruiting class ahead of the December early signing date by firing your head coach without identifying his replacement borders on absurd. But thank you for making me laugh.

I think the chance of Frost getting a second year under Trev Alberts is 95-100%.

The idea that you could preserve a recruiting class ahead of the December early signing date by firing your head coach without identifying his replacement borders on absurd. But thank you for making me laugh.
You don't think Trev doesn't have a list already and has contacted agents for the people on that list.

I think he has put out feelers the way this season has gone so that all contingencies have been covered ahead of time. Any good manager would be doing that.

If we were ever going to lose a recruiting class this would be the year to do it.

You don't think Trev doesn't have a list already and has contacted agents for the people on that list.

I think he has put out feelers the way this season has gone so that all contingencies have been covered ahead of time. Any good manager would be doing that.
I’m sure he is thinking about it. But Frost is going nowhere unless he resigns in shame on his own.

So it’s much better to waste another season going nowhere. That’s absurd. Recruits really want to commit to a dead man walking head coach. Thanks for making me laugh.

If we were ever going to lose a recruiting class this would be the year to do it.
People who think they would like to gut the program again, but are worried about the recruiting class are just not to be taken seriously.

I can understand people wanting to move on from Frost, but this recruiting class discussion is just silly. It’s like demolishing your house to build a new one while thinking you could save the lawn.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back